deleted Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Incubateus

Bronze

deleted

Post by Incubateus » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:38 pm

deleted
Last edited by Incubateus on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

splitmuch

Silver

Re: Diminishing Scores. PLEASE HELP!

Post by splitmuch » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Law school is not for everyone

Incubateus

Bronze

Post by Incubateus » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:47 pm

Thanks for the constructive help split. Law school isn't going to really be a problem. The LSAT on the other hand, is; and is an entirely separate task.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Incubateus wrote:Thanks for the constructive help split. Law school isn't going to really be a problem. The LSAT on the other hand, is; and is an entirely separate task.
Even accepting your premise of no correlation between ability to succeed in law school and ability to succeed on the LSAT (which is questionable since in the span of 3 months, a powerscore class, and a tutor you haven't managed to learn a very learnable test) it doesn't matter if you succeed in law school if the school you attend gives you a worthless diploma at graduation. For law school success to be beneficial you need to either go to a top school or go to a lower school with a large scholarship, neither of which are really possible with a 158.

UofO

New

Post by UofO » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:16 pm

^ What if the OP ends up at the top of his/her class at a lower ranked school?

Also, this thread is about how to help the OP improve his/her LSAT score. Stick to the topic or GTFO

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:21 pm

UofO wrote:^ What if the OP ends up at the top of his/her class at a lower ranked school?

Also, this thread is about how to help the OP improve his/her LSAT score. Stick to the topic or GTFO
Then OP would have hit a 200k bet against 10 to 1 odds that doesn't pay out at 10 to 1.

Further thread is titled: PLEASE HELP! Too many people are going to law school. Discouraging people from making mistakes is helpful.

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:16 pm

I am not exactly an expert on this, but I have roughly the same scores as you. I started out with an initial diagnostic of 148 but since July I've been consistently scoring in the 155-162 range, with 158/159 being the most common. It doesn't seem like a tremendous difference you're having there.

I think it's mostly nerves. I generally do about -2/-3 on logic games. Then I started thinking about how I am okay at logic games, but so bad at RC. On the last two tests, I have had like -5/-6 on LG and like -4 on RC. Still got the same score. I think it's definitely an overthinking factor.

Eco

Bronze

Post by Eco » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Ok, first of all, cancel the test. Even with a 160 you're fucked and law school isn't worth it. Second of all, get rid of the private tutor. Do the Blueprint class, focus, and take your time.

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:17 am

splitmuch wrote:Law school is not for everyone
Wtf is this.

@op you mentioned that you don't have the time to do pikes method yet you have the time to take prep courses?!? Sounds like you dont want it bad enough. I don't know what these prep companies are telling you but there is no magic trick for scoring a 170. To get the score you want you need to look at your old preptests and figure out what you are bad at. If you suck at strengthen drill 50 strengthen questions. If you suck at weaken do 50 of those etc. If you aren't finishing LG in time you need to drill. The remedy of giving yourself 30min instead of the full 35 is idiotic. If you can't finish in 35 why in Sam hell do you think you can finish in 30. You need to drill LG until you can do them in your sleep.

You say you are willing to work hard but it seems like you're content on being complacent. If you know what score you need for your dream school put in the work.

Here's Dave hall's thread link has some good advice for the questions you are missing http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=161914

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”