Score Fluctuation since June 2007

hankypanky

Score Fluctuation since June 2007

Postby hankypanky » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Image (LinkRemoved)
upload images (LinkRemoved)

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening? To break it down: My LG and RC have gotten more consistent (LG -0 to -2 and RC -4)

The LR, however, for the last 4 PrepTests has been very difficult for me. Maybe I had a false sense of security by doing exams I was familiar with? (Everything before June 2007 was 172 and up--including one 180). I used to get -2 on each LR section, now I'm getting -6 sometimes.

I have PrepTests 61-63 left to take, and I plan on taking them one a day starting tomorrow. Does anybody have any good advice as to how to study for them considering the recent fluctuation?
Last edited by hankypanky on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiago Splitter

Re: Score Fluctuation since June 2007

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Nice use of graphs to make a point that isn't really there.

Except for one outlier, you are in the 166-172 range. This isn't much of a fluctuation.

See if there are particular LR types you have been struggling with, and drill them.

Edit: If you were consistently in the 170s, up to 180, prior to June 2007 then I take back my first point. Drilling LR is still the correct response though. And of course under no circumstances should you be cool with a score other than -0 on games.

hankypanky

Re: Score Fluctuation since June 2007

Postby hankypanky » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:37 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Nice use of graphs to make a point that isn't really there.

Except for one outlier, you are in the 166-172 range. This isn't much of a fluctuation.

See if there are particular LR types you have been struggling with, and drill them.

Edit: If you were consistently in the 170s, up to 180, prior to June 2007 then I take back my first point. Drilling LR is still the correct response though. And of course under no circumstances should you be cool with a score other than -0 on games.

I'm under the impression that the LR questions since PT58 have changed/gotten trickier and that is why I am experiencing fluctuations post-June 2007. Have you experienced anything like that?

Edit: Here is my pre-June 2007 graph. The few 160s were the second exam I took on that day. Fatigue=poorer performance. Yeah, I love graphs.

Image (LinkRemoved)
free image hosting (LinkRemoved)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”