10 weeks to a 180 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Jeffort

Gold

Re: 10 weeks to a 180

Post by Jeffort » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:21 pm

calexhg88 wrote:could a decrease in caffeine intake have this effect?
Yes. It's a bad idea to suddenly change your routine concerning foods and chemicals you normally ingest that your brain and body are used to having daily right before the test.

chesterfan1230

Bronze

Post by chesterfan1230 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Did a little review today, Logical Reasoning did 1-9 of Sept 2009 and got em all right.

Did Sept 2009 game with Dinosaurs got -2.

I'm ready to kill this. Make sure you guys have your ID, Zip Lock bag, Water Bottle and Photos for tomorrow!

Lets kill it. 170+ or bust.

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 pm

I have my LSAC ticket with my photo taped on, and all of the information written on the back of the photo - as requested. I have 4 pencils, a sharpener, and my watch (gonna put my license and keys in there). I think I'm just gonna carry the ticket in hand, instead of putting it in the bag. They're going to have me sign it, and they're going to hand me the stub - after they tear it off.

Anything else?

iamrobk

Bronze

Post by iamrobk » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:15 pm

180asBreath wrote:I have my LSAC ticket with my photo taped on, and all of the information written on the back of the photo - as requested. I have 4 pencils, a sharpener, and my watch (gonna put my license and keys in there). I think I'm just gonna carry the ticket in hand, instead of putting it in the bag. They're going to have me sign it, and they're going to hand me the stub - after they tear it off.

Anything else?

LexLeon

Bronze

Post by LexLeon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:22 pm

May everyone taking the exam tomorrow get the score that they deserve. ROCK THE LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:42 pm

180asBreath wrote:I have my LSAC ticket with my photo taped on, and all of the information written on the back of the photo - as requested. I have 4 pencils, a sharpener, and my watch (gonna put my license and keys in there). I think I'm just gonna carry the ticket in hand, instead of putting it in the bag. They're going to have me sign it, and they're going to hand me the stub - after they tear it off.

Anything else?
A snack and drink for the break. A Powerbar and small bottle of vitamin water is good and maybe an apple.

Also, tissues and tampons. Those might be useful to comfort and pick up on some of the girls at the test center while waiting in line, during break and after the test! :wink:

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Jeffort wrote:

Anything else?
A snack and drink for the break. A Powerbar and small bottle of vitamin water is good and maybe an apple.

Also, tissues and tampons. Those might be useful to comfort and pick up on some of the girls at the test center while waiting in line, during break and after the test! :wink:
Haha, thanks for easing the tension ;)

Gonna lay down and try to fall asleep. Wish me luck!

chesterfan1230

Bronze

Post by chesterfan1230 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Debating Canceling :(. had to guess on 3 questions in games :/. Fair estimation is 163-169. Couldn't get to two LR's in LR2 and 2 LR's in LR1. Guessed on 3 on RC. Pressure messed me up... sigh. After getting consistent 170s.

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Do not cancel. You might have the score you need, you never know.

I finished the first two games in 10 minutes, so I had plenty of time to do the third and fourth games; I had laser focus.

My order was: LR, LG, LR, LR, RC. I think I did worse on the third LR, hoping that's the experimental, and the RC felt pretty bad.

My timing on LR was better; no complete guesses, only 2 where I had to guess between 2 answer choices.

If I had to guess:

LG: -0 (99% sure) to -1
LR: -2 to - 12
RC: -2 to -12

I think the absolute worst case is -25. I'm thinking 95% chance I'm between a 164 and 174.

Can't wait to see what I got!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chesterfan1230

Bronze

Post by chesterfan1230 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:36 pm

180asBreath wrote:Do not cancel. You might have the score you need, you never know.

I finished the first two games in 10 minutes, so I had plenty of time to do the third and fourth games; I had laser focus.

My order was: LR, LG, LR, LR, RC. I think I did worse on the third LR, hoping that's the experimental, and the RC felt pretty bad.

My timing on LR was better; no complete guesses, only 2 where I had to guess between 2 answer choices.

If I had to guess:

LG: -0 (99% sure) to -1
LR: -2 to - 12
RC: -2 to -12

I think the absolute worst case is -25. I'm thinking 95% chance I'm between a 164 and 174.

I"m just upset because I normally guess on 2-4 each PT. I had to guess on 3 in LG, 2 in each LR, and 3 in RC. I hate that.

Can't wait to see what I got!
I had the same Scenario:

My third was not experimental, it had 26 problems.

LG: -3 (guessed on 3 :( )
LR: -4 to -12
RC: -3 to -8

Total: -23 worst case scenario.

calexhg88

Bronze

Post by calexhg88 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:11 pm

-0 on lg
-0 on lgx
-3 on lr 1
-5 lr2

worst case: -20
best case: -8

i told my dad i underperformed, he told that was a horrible choice of words. we didnt perform up to our ability but who really does in this thing? cheers fellas, we did well.

im not really happy with how it turned out, i think a 170 isnt too likely barring a ridiculous curve. im going to apply to boalt and cornell with whatever score i get. but if i get my worst case scenario score then applying to any more of my targets will be futile. at this point i consider it slightly more likely than not that ill be attending school next fall. if i dont, ill dedicate another several months to this thing. it sounds awful to say it but this is the only rational choice considering what my scores have been over the past few weeks.

signing off now. going to dedicate some time to getting my body fit again and djing. ill drop back into the forum when the scores are released, i hope you guys do the same. its been a pleasure, you guys have been extemely helpful and supportive.

cheers fellas
alex

bigtexmex

Bronze

Post by bigtexmex » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Best case scenario-probably a 170+
Worst case scenario-165-170.

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:34 pm

How do we know that the 26 was experimental?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

calidancer2

Bronze

Post by calidancer2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:51 pm

Hey guys! drunk and on the internet lolololol i had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC.

I had 2 26 questions and 1 25 section for LR....i dunno. I thought lg was fairly easy and rc, though difficult, i felt i made educated guesses on and only was genuinely :?: :?: :?: on 1 or 2. LR...no idea. Some felt good, some felt hard, but overall I didn't think it was THAT HARD of a test. like a -10 curve, tops...anyone else have ideas?

i'm done no matter what with this damn test since i'm leaving the country in a month but it just felt...fine....not hard. just average/easy difficulty. I'm assuming -2 to -10 combined on LR (assuming i didn't make an ASS out of myself and fall for sucker choices on the LR thus superficially elevating my confidence level), -1 to -3 on LG (don't even remember what the 3rd game was...wtf is wrong with my brain?), and -2 to -5 on RC... so best case -5 wrong total and worst case -18 total? idk idk

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Lol @ a -10 curve.

That thing was a -13 to -15, without a doubt. It's not a matter of how easy it is, it's how well people do on it; it may have been easy to us, and it was, but that doesn't mean people will do well on it. I thought the last two December tests were easy and they were -14!

Glad to hear it went well.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:06 pm

calidancer2 wrote:Hey guys! drunk and on the internet lolololol i had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC.

I had 2 26 questions and 1 25 section for LR....i dunno. I thought lg was fairly easy and rc, though difficult, i felt i made educated guesses on and only was genuinely :?: :?: :?: on 1 or 2. LR...no idea. Some felt good, some felt hard, but overall I didn't think it was THAT HARD of a test. like a -10 curve, tops...anyone else have ideas?

i'm done no matter what with this damn test since i'm leaving the country in a month but it just felt...fine....not hard. just average/easy difficulty. I'm assuming -2 to -10 combined on LR (assuming i didn't make an ASS out of myself and fall for sucker choices on the LR thus superficially elevating my confidence level), -1 to -3 on LG (don't even remember what the 3rd game was...wtf is wrong with my brain?), and -2 to -5 on RC... so best case -5 wrong total and worst case -18 total? idk idk
LOL I don't remember the 3rd game, either. Everyone is talking about the 4th. I must have just done the first question for the 3rd one.

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:11 pm

The third game was a simple In/Out, iirc. The 4th was a complicated In/Out.

I can't to see the release of the test; I felt like I had a full understanding of the games, it couldn't have gone better. But when I am really focusing, like I was today, I have very little memory of the test; I think it's because I'm so focused on the underlying structure - that I am not paying attention too much attention to the content.

I am really praying that today was the last time I ever have to take the LSAT.

I have already started boxing up all of my LSAT materials :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

calidancer2

Bronze

Post by calidancer2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:12 pm

180asBreath wrote:Lol @ a -10 curve.

That thing was a -13 to -15, without a doubt. It's not a matter of how easy it is, it's how well people do on it; it may have been easy to us, and it was, but that doesn't mean people will do well on it. I thought the last two December tests were easy and they were -14!

Glad to hear it went well.
could be cayse im drunk but i honestly din't thn it wa bad. watch uoy eat your words 180!!!! i bet it was -10, -11 tops....or maybe i thought it ws easy cause i listened to legally blonde sountrack before ahahahaha....but reallly not THAT bad dudes sey 2 say

calidancer2

Bronze

Post by calidancer2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:13 pm

ps someone make a chat room

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:14 pm

calidancer2 wrote:ps someone make a chat room
--LinkRemoved--

calexhg88

Bronze

Post by calexhg88 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Hey guys,

My worst fears were realized - 160.

LR1 -6
LG -1
RC -9
LR2 -12

Even if my true capabilites are not quite the 17x I was expecting, it's clear that something was not right on test day. The -9 on RC could very well be a fair representation. I suck at reading. But the difference between my LR scores show that there is clearly something that could have been remedied.

As I look back on the past several months, I realize how frantic and stressed I was. Then, the week leading up to test day, I took a ridiculous amont of tests and burnt myself out, I believe. Actually, I'm quite sure I did.

Let me make something clear though, my score was my score. I can make excuses/justifications all I want, but there were no errors in scoring or anything to the fault of LSAC. Because of that, I deserve a 160. The LSAT score account for idiots like me who burn themselves out/drank too much coffee beforehand. That's part of it.

I'm still processing the situation and where I will go from here. I know I'm going to leave my application in for Berkeley. Should I get accepted, I'll go - but I don't think the odds are very high at all.

Law school is still my plan, and I'm still T-14 or bust. I know I have a high 160s in me. However, if I can't improve upon my 160 in June/October then I guess I will settle. I will give it another shot next cycle first though.

The next go around - which I'm almost 100% will happen - I will be much less stressed and I will not devote my entire life to it. I envision myself doing 2/3 days a week and having a part-time job or something. I know the material, its just execution - and maybe augmentation of a few skills (reading) - at this point.

180/cali/others, how did test day treat you? I hope you guys see this :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Olive

Silver

Post by Olive » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:47 pm

calexhg88 wrote:Hey guys,

LR1 -6
LG -1
RC -9
LR2 -12

Even if my true capabilites are not quite the 17x I was expecting, it's clear that something was not right on test day. The -9 on RC could very well be a fair representation. I suck at reading. But the difference between my LR scores show that there is clearly something that could have been remedied.

As I look back on the past several months, I realize how frantic and stressed I was. Then, the week leading up to test day, I took a ridiculous amont of tests and burnt myself out, I believe. Actually, I'm quite sure I did.

Let me make something clear though, my score was my score. I can make excuses/justifications all I want, but there were no errors in scoring or anything to the fault of LSAC. Because of that, I deserve a 160. The LSAT score account for idiots like me who burn themselves out/drank too much coffee beforehand. That's part of it.

I'm still processing the situation and where I will go from here. I know I'm going to leave my application in for Berkeley. Should I get accepted, I'll go - but I don't think the odds are very high at all.

Law school is still my plan, and I'm still T-14 or bust. I know I have a high 160s in me. However, if I can't improve upon my 160 in June/October then I guess I will settle. I will give it another shot next cycle first though.

The next go around - which I'm almost 100% will happen - I will be much less stressed and I will not devote my entire life to it. I envision myself doing 2/3 days a week and having a part-time job or something. I know the material, its just execution - and maybe augmentation of a few skills (reading) - at this point.

Best of luck to you!

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Sorry to hear that, Alex.

I'll be retaking my 166. Missed 3 on the first LG, despite the 10 extra minutes I had, and I changed a few right answers to wrong answers.

June retake here we come!

calidancer2

Bronze

Post by calidancer2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:01 pm

calexhg88 wrote:Hey guys,

LR1 -6
LG -1
RC -9
LR2 -12

hey calex! sorry to hear, bud. i got a 174, a 5 point increase from my 169 in October. I'm...giddy, to say the least. Wishing you all the very best for your retakes. I'm not applying for 2 more cycles, but am hopeful that 174 will put me somewhere good...Stanford is pretty much not gonna happen still, but I'll throw a hail mary to HYS and hope for the best everywhere else!

I think you have a good point about the burnout- I was a little psycho in my October prep, and in November, I was doing 3 PTs a week and reviewing, but other than that, taking it pretty easy. I had a 15 hr/week job and went for a nice long walk or hike every day. I TRULY feel like because I was so much calmer and had most of the hard work "learning" the test accomplished, I was able to really nail it on test day.

Good luck, all!

calexhg88

Bronze

Post by calexhg88 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 am

cali, awesome

180, no worries dude. we're gonna get it next time.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”