Manhattan LSAT & Powerscore LG Classification Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pinedust

New

Manhattan LSAT & Powerscore LG Classification

Post by pinedust » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Hey everyone- I'm looking for some help translating the Manhattan LSAT Logic Games classification system into the Powerscore classification system (specifically for Grouping games, as per Pithypike's LSAT thread.

According to Pithypike and Powerscore there are:
Grouping - Defined - Fixed; Grouping - Defined - Moving; Grouping - Partially Defined; Grouping - Undefined; and Grouping/Linear Comb.

According to Manhattan LSAT there are Binary Grouping, Open Assignment, and Closed Assignment Games.

So I ask you- TLS, what is the best way for me to understand the Manhattan LSAT classification in terms of the Powerscore classification and vice versa?

tl;dr: I just finished the Manhattan LSAT Logic Games book- but I'm going through Pithypike's guide for the logic games (3 copies of each, etc.) and would like some help in converting the Manhattan logic games classifications into the Powerscore classifications.

VUSisterRayVU

Bronze

Re: Manhattan LSAT & Powerscore LG Classification

Post by VUSisterRayVU » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:06 am

Bump! Relevant to my interests as well

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:27 am

TBH I didn't worry about classifications at all, I just learned and did and practiced them, and I can -0 LG sections. I'm also not bragging, when I first started, I got like -everything on LG sections. I might be important and relevant to know what your weaknesses are, but I think skills for one category of LG transfer to the others. If you really want to identify your weaknesses, just look at all the questions you got wrong and find similarities. For me, some LG questions I have difficulty with are not alike at all; I just have trouble with the hard ones sometimes (regardless of their category). The easy ones are easy, regardless of category.

ams212

New

Post by ams212 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:30 am

Rtmi

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”