Can't Break out of 150's...

jvaugh57

Can't Break out of 150's...

Postby jvaugh57 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:11 pm

In spite of my best efforts, I've been stuck between 155-158 for the last 3 weeks. I've been using The Blueprint movie 2.0 (love it!), but due to time constraints had to move through it rather quickly...I actually put aside until after the Oct LSAT in order to work on timing before the test. Barring a miracle where I magically score a 164/165 on the October LSAT, I'll be retaking in December. I'd really like to hear from people who have been a situation similar to mine and gotten through it. What worked for you? How many preptests were you taking in a week? How long did it take, or in other words, is Dec a realistic goal to jump 10 points (20ish raw score points)? I've been pretty religious with my studies and have seen consistent improvement, though it's not coming as quickly as I would like it to.

My sections averages are as follows:

LG 16-18 consistently
LR 18-20 consistently
RC--The RC was much easier on the older tests, usually 17-20 range. For RC in 2007-present era I score between a 13-15.

badnewsbears

Re: Can't Break out of 150's...

Postby badnewsbears » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:44 am

I used powerscore bibles, and the RC atlas/manhattan lsat book. The methodology on those books really helped me. Mix that with finding your strategy (timing), and getting as much real LSAT material as you can.. and just go. Take 2-3 tests a week, and on your off days, focus on a section, like LR. Take a timed section, note what you did good, what you did bad, grade (make sure you know WHY you got each question wrong that you got wrong), then try again. Do this about 4-5 times before you call it a day. Once you get your timing down, things will start clicking, and you'll be on your way! (Yes, i would start with the LR section first, because it is most important)

Best of luck

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”