Study strategy for the rest of the month? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
msuz

Bronze

Study strategy for the rest of the month?

Post by msuz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:13 pm

I feel like I may just be starting to "break the barrier" where you start to see great improvements in your LSAT performance. For me, thats a good and a bad thing - good because my studying is paying off, and bad because there is less than 2 weeks until the test and I may not hit my ceiling by then. I AM going to take the LSAT in October no matter what anyone says - if I am not happy with the score I will just retake in Dec. But for now, I want to know what people think my study strategy should be for the next two weeks.

I have been doing 3-4 Pts a week. My last 7 tests have been, in order; 154, 155, 156, 157, 159, 160, 163. These have all been from the "10 new actual official LSAT preptests" with the comparative reading RC section. I think that it is strange, but a good sign, that I have improved on every single one of the last 7 tests I have taken. Most of my trouble stems from RC (not being able to finish the last passage on time) and not being able to concentrate in LR, but that is where I am improving the most from test to test with my current study method. On my most recent LG section I got -1.

Originally my target was 160 for the actual test, but now I feel like I can get above that. I'm hoping for mid to high 160s on the real thing. Typically, I work better under pressure because concentration/motivation are not a problem, so I anticipate doing at least as well on the real thing as I am doing in the practice tests.

How long should I continue to do timed preptests? Until Sept 29th, taking only the day before the Oct 1st test off? Until the end of this week, taking the entire last week off?

Any other last-minute advice for the test would be appreciated. Thanks

skitlets

Bronze

Re: Study strategy for the rest of the month?

Post by skitlets » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:34 pm

I've been bouncing all over the place, from 166 - 175, mostly floating just shy of 170.

I've been doing 3-4 a week until this week. 2 this week, 2 next week, last one being Thursday the 29th.
Non test days I'll be drilling logic games, as I still struggle with them and haven't devoted as much time to them as I should have.

Maybe you can work on RC timing if that's your weakest point?

msuz

Bronze

Post by msuz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:04 pm

skitlets wrote:I've been bouncing all over the place, from 166 - 175, mostly floating just shy of 170.

I've been doing 3-4 a week until this week. 2 this week, 2 next week, last one being Thursday the 29th.
Non test days I'll be drilling logic games, as I still struggle with them and haven't devoted as much time to them as I should have.

Maybe you can work on RC timing if that's your weakest point?
Do you review your PTs the same day you do them then?

I think doing RC drills might be the best idea for me on the off days.

Unless anyone convinces me to do otherwise, I plan on my last PT being the 29th as well.

mmk33

Bronze

Post by mmk33 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:15 pm

I'm doing PT#61 tomorrow (thurs), #62 tuesday next week, #63 thursday next week. Today, sat, sun, mon, wed, I am doing intensive LG, reviewing LR, and reviewing all wrong answer from these practice tests. I am in the 167-172 range with a high score of 174, and I am hoping to have the final three tests all 170+ and then walk in and do it for real on game day.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:17 pm

My test was on a Monday. Did two PTs on the Saturday before, then took Sunday off.

ag912

New

Post by ag912 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:04 pm

mmk33 wrote:I'm doing PT#61 tomorrow (thurs), #62 tuesday next week, #63 thursday next week. Today, sat, sun, mon, wed, I am doing intensive LG, reviewing LR, and reviewing all wrong answer from these practice tests. I am in the 167-172 range with a high score of 174, and I am hoping to have the final three tests all 170+ and then walk in and do it for real on game day.
wow this is exactly my score range and you also have the same high score! LETS KILL THIS SHIT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”