2 Quests: it necessary to Master The Possibilities and ....

notaznguy

2 Quests: it necessary to Master The Possibilities and ....

Postby notaznguy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:38 am

how often have pure numerical distribution games appeared on the LSAT? To see an example, take a look at Oct. 1991 Game 3.

Regarding Master The Possibilities:

For me, I can never really tell when I should attempt to MTP. Usually within an 8:45 time period, I'm too focused on just diagramming it and making inferences. I don't really think about the fact if I could or could not create several different scenarios.

Is it necessary to MTP when you indeed can MTP? Or can you do just fine without it?

Regarding Pure Numerical Distribution games:

Holy crap I was going over my TestMasters material and did the Oct 91 test. I literally freaked and had no idea what to do. I had no choice but to just look at the explanation and now I understand it. How often have these games appeared? I don't know how much more practice I can get from it since most of TestMaster's practice logic games revolve around pure sequencing, linear/advance linear, pure grouping, in/out, and hybrid linear-groping.

notaznguy

Re: 2 Quests: it necessary to Master The Possibilities and ....

Postby notaznguy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:01 pm

bump

Tiago Splitter

Re: 2 Quests: it necessary to Master The Possibilities and ....

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:11 pm

You don't ever HAVE to master the possibilities, but if you see a couple of very limiting rules give it a try. After writing down 2-3 hypos you should have an idea of whether it's worth it. Even if it isn't, you now have 2-3 hypos to work with that should only take you a minute or two to write out.

I didn't focus to much on this strategy because I found myself wasting time wondering whether or not I had in fact mastered all of the possibilities. But I still started out by writing some hypos if I thought the game was limited, because going through that process can help you quickly make a critical deduction.

Re: games from the 90s. Don't freak out about these. Make sure you can crush the common types.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”