Re-doing PTs?

Marie34

Re-doing PTs?

Postby Marie34 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:07 pm

So, I originally was planning on taking the June LSAT, but after realizing I wasn't ready, I pushed it off too October. But this means I've been studying pretty consistently since January (I went through a mid-freak out back in May where I did like four PT's a week). So now I, obviously, ran out of PT's to do. I've pretty much done every PT since number 40, plus daily drills. I was wondering if it as all productive to re-do PT's you've already done? While I of course don't actually remember the correct answer for all of them, I still vaguely remember the subject matter/technique for a lot of them, and for a couple in which I really reviewed I actually remember the answer. I obviously don't want the scores to not accurately reflect what my true score is, but I'm out of options on how else I can study with two weeks left.

thelawschoolproject

Re: Re-doing PTs?

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:24 pm

1). Doing something is better than doing nothing.

2). Just make sure that you realize there's no way for you to attain a valid LSAT preptest score at this point because you've done them all.

My vote would be to maybe retake them if you want, especially the ones you took several months ago. Also, if you haven't taken the earlier ones (I'm thinking 30's) then maybe do that? Honestly, it sounds like you've prepped a lot. I don't know that taking some time off (some time, not the entire time) would hurt you. Maybe you could retake the ones you did the most poorly on? Or, you could just drill the areas or question types that give you the most problems?

If it was me, I'd retake the earliest tests I did, continue to drill and hope for the best.

Best of luck to you!

horrorbusiness

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:32 am

Marie34 wrote:So, I originally was planning on taking the June LSAT, but after realizing I wasn't ready, I pushed it off too October. But this means I've been studying pretty consistently since January (I went through a mid-freak out back in May where I did like four PT's a week). So now I, obviously, ran out of PT's to do. I've pretty much done every PT since number 40, plus daily drills. I was wondering if it as all productive to re-do PT's you've already done? While I of course don't actually remember the correct answer for all of them, I still vaguely remember the subject matter/technique for a lot of them, and for a couple in which I really reviewed I actually remember the answer. I obviously don't want the scores to not accurately reflect what my true score is, but I'm out of options on how else I can study with two weeks left.

Hmm, you're asking less than two weeks before the test?? Not sure what big leaps you can make at this point, but (I'm taking October too) I wouldn't treat the older tests like they're irrelevant. Some of the older logic games will make you cry, and thus give you a great learning experience. Older RC and LR comes off as easier to me, but isn't worth disregarding completely. It won't necessarily be as "relevant" as newer material, but you still should't ignore it. Maybe a mix of some newer seen material and some older yet fresh material? Also, 4 pt's a week isn't a "freakout", that's just studying hard (and certainly a few TLSers study harder than that). You might want to pick up that habit again, right now, and get through as much material as possible before our test date. Good luck!

gaud

Postby gaud » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:31 am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”