Practice test strategy/help

Practice test strategy/help

Postby brotoss » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:43 pm

When I take practice tests I can't seem to relax and keep my head clear, cant focus on the questions like I do when drilling. Feels like my mind is in a haze, can only think about what my score will be on this test, how ill do on the actual test, etc etc. Any advice?

Re: Practice test strategy/help

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:27 pm

My advice would be for you to calm down. I'm sure this is easier said than done, though.

Why is it that you're so preoccupied with your test score that you can't think clearly? Maybe identifying this problem could help to ease your tension? I know that one of my friends couldn't concentrate on his test due to family problems and whatnot and he finally had to force himself to take the test and score it 24 hours later so that he knew that no matter what he wouldn't have a score to see until the next day.

The text is extremely stressful and the score is important, but just tell yourself that unless you calm down you're going to screw yourself in the long run, which is even more cause for anxiety. Maybe you should train your body to de-stress as part of your LSAT prep in general? Treat it as something you MUST practice, just like LG.

Re: Practice test strategy/help

Postby CHIJAMES11 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Go for a long run in the morning. Then take your practice exam.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”