I'm scoring 155-157 and my test is in 12 days

GatsbyGatz

I'm scoring 155-157 and my test is in 12 days

Postby GatsbyGatz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:35 pm

First of all, my main goal is to be accepted into Boston University or Boston College. I figure that to have a healthy shot at either school, I'll need a 163-165. My GPA is a 3.82 and I'm graduating with honors, so I have those factors established.

I just took a diagnostic and I scored 155.

I'm currently registered for the October 1st LSAT date, but I'm concerned. Is it reasonable to think that I can improve by 8-10 points within 12 days? I have Logic Games down to the point where I miss around 3 per section, but I'm missing around 10 per section for Reading Comp and Logical Reasoning. I've taken a study course (TestMasters) so I'm familiar with the techniques and I'm accurate at eliminating most answers down to two, but my accuracy in singling the right answer from the sucker choice is not sharp enough.

Is it unreasonable to improve by 8-10 points within 12 days if I were to study extensively and take 2 diagnostics per day?
If I'm not scoring high enough, is it possible to cancel my registered date the day before my test and postpone it to December?

I greatly appreciate all feedback.

luxxe

Re: I'm scoring 155-157 and my test is in 12 days

Postby luxxe » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:15 pm

GatsbyGatz wrote:First of all, my main goal is to be accepted into Boston University or Boston College. I figure that to have a healthy shot at either school, I'll need a 163-165. My GPA is a 3.82 and I'm graduating with honors, so I have those factors established.

I just took a diagnostic and I scored 155.

I'm currently registered for the October 1st LSAT date, but I'm concerned. Is it reasonable to think that I can improve by 8-10 points within 12 days? I have Logic Games down to the point where I miss around 3 per section, but I'm missing around 10 per section for Reading Comp and Logical Reasoning. I've taken a study course (TestMasters) so I'm familiar with the techniques and I'm accurate at eliminating most answers down to two, but my accuracy in singling the right answer from the sucker choice is not sharp enough.

Is it unreasonable to improve by 8-10 points within 12 days if I were to study extensively and take 2 diagnostics per day?
If I'm not scoring high enough, is it possible to cancel my registered date the day before my test and postpone it to December?

I greatly appreciate all feedback.

If you have already taken a course, I don't think you would be able to improve that much that quickly, especially if you are already scoring so high on LG. Also, taking 2 diagnostics a day is a terrible idea, much less attemping to do that for 12 days. I would postpone to December tbh.

acrossthelake

Re: I'm scoring 155-157 and my test is in 12 days

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:19 pm

GatsbyGatz wrote:
Is it reasonable to think that I can improve by 8-10 points within 12 days?

No. Postpone and register for December. The delay will be worth it for a better score. Also, it's not just the taking of the practice test that matters at the stage you're at, it's the actual really slow and careful review of every single question afterwards. So, don't do 2 a day--that's just a waste of practice tests.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”