Apprehensive to take time off Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
6lehderjets

Bronze

Apprehensive to take time off

Post by 6lehderjets » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Here's the deal. My P/T scores have been decreasing. I have been going balls to wall hard since July preparing for this exam. I had been making serious strides but today I took a P/T and did not feel confident at all during the first 2 sections and this definitely had a negative carry over effect on proceeding sections. I took this past Wednesday off and now I'm considering taking the rest of the weekend off after today's debacle and resuming Monday but I'm apprehensive about taking 1.5 days off now another day off the Friday before the exam.

I expect the consensus to be take some time off but have any of you previous test takers taken extended periods of time off before your test date and what effect did it have on you mentally and on your studying?

birdlaw117

Gold

Re: Apprehensive to take time off

Post by birdlaw117 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:46 pm

6lehderjets wrote:Here's the deal. My P/T scores have been decreasing. I have been going balls to wall hard since July preparing for this exam. I had been making serious strides but today I took a P/T and did not feel confident at all during the first 2 sections and this definitely had a negative carry over effect on proceeding sections. I took this past Wednesday off and now I'm considering taking the rest of the weekend off after today's debacle and resuming Monday but I'm apprehensive about taking 1.5 days off now another day off the Friday before the exam.

I expect the consensus to be take some time off but have any of you previous test takers taken extended periods of time off before your test date and what effect did it have on you mentally and on your studying?
I studied very little the week of my exam. I don't think it negatively affected my performance at all.

Take a break. You're psyching yourself out. You aren't going to forget your knowledge of conditional reasoning or your ability to diagram games after 2 or 3 days off.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”