New registration of LSAC account to get rid of LSAT record?

llylouis

New registration of LSAC account to get rid of LSAT record?

Postby llylouis » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:45 am

I don't know whether this is practical or not. But I just a new account in LSAC, thinking that possibly I can therefore get rid of my sucking LSAT record. I am not a US citizen, so technically there is no information to verify my identity because I am not required to enter any ID information (For foreign LSAT takers, the SSN is randomly assigned).

So my question is, IS IT really possible? Will I get any punishment if this double-registration is eventually found out when I apply for law schools in the forthcoming cycle?

Thanks.

minnbills

Re: New registration of LSAC account to get rid of LSAT record?

Postby minnbills » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:48 am

You will almost certainly fail the character and fitness portion of the bar exam and be unable to practice law in the US if you are found out. You may also be kicked out of law school.

ggibelli

Postby ggibelli » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:49 am

do ittttt

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:02 am

minnbills wrote:You will almost certainly fail the character and fitness portion of the bar exam and be unable to practice law in the US if you are found out. You may also be kicked out of law school.

+1

--ImageRemoved--

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:15 am

I don't think anyone knows for sure what the consequences would be, since nobody has ever been stupid enough to try this before. However, I suspect the following is all you need to know:

minnbills wrote:You will almost certainly fail the character and fitness portion of the bar exam and be unable to practice law in the US if you are found out. You may also be kicked out of law school.

But besides that, nearly all schools just take your highest score anyway, so why even bother committing a fraud like this when it's so pointless?

llylouis

Postby llylouis » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:42 pm

That's true, and I even have the list of schools which explicitly declare that they will consider the highest score only. But some friends and some LSAT experts (i guess) said there is a high chance that those law schools on that list will still pay attention to other LSAT scores.
vanwinkle wrote:I don't think anyone knows for sure what the consequences would be, since nobody has ever been stupid enough to try this before. However, I suspect the following is all you need to know:

But besides that, nearly all schools just take your highest score anyway, so why even bother committing a fraud like this when it's so pointless?

llylouis

Postby llylouis » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:43 pm

yes I agree. This is really risky.

tehrocstar

Postby tehrocstar » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:44 pm

They ask for your SSN#, I don't know at what point they ask for for it, but doesn't seem possible.

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:58 pm

The way I see it you are probably right and could probably get away with it.

However, the bigger question is - if this is the way you are rationalizing your actions, shouldn't you perhaps be thinking of alternative career choices?

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:01 pm

fosterp wrote:The way I see it you are probably right and could probably get away with it.

However, the bigger question is - if this is the way you are rationalizing your actions, shouldn't you perhaps be thinking of alternative career choices?

Yeah, trying to come up with ways to game the system is not a good quality for a lawyer- we all know people do it but still... I don't want to sound like a dick but that's just the way it is.

Also, most schools really only care about your highest lsat score, just do well on one test and play things by the book, it will be worth it in the end

dba415

Postby dba415 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Not worth it.

llylouis

Postby llylouis » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 pm

The reason why I ever considered that is because people say "even if most law schools explicitly declare that they only consider the highest among all, they still average the scores somehow". I am just concerned with this.

It's right that as a lawyer following the book is quite important. Thanks anyway.
minnbills wrote:
fosterp wrote:The way I see it you are probably right and could probably get away with it.

Yeah, trying to come up with ways to game the system is not a good quality for a lawyer- we all know people do it but still... I don't want to sound like a dick but that's just the way it is.

Also, most schools really only care about your highest lsat score, just do well on one test and play things by the book, it will be worth it in the end

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”