RC myth or truth? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chia99

New

RC myth or truth?

Post by chia99 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:59 am

Is there any truth to the claim that RC passages get sequentially harder?

I find myself being able to do one of the passage in 6 minutes but another in 12 but there is no pattern I have noticed as to which # passage I go fast on and which I slow down.

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Re: RC myth or truth?

Post by thelawschoolproject » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:01 pm

I've heard that they get harder. But, I've only "heard" it. I have actually experienced it, not yet anyway. I know that the RC changes because they introduce comparative reading sections in the later LSATs that simply didn't exist earlier. When I do the RC sections, I always begin with the section that has the most questions to answer. It helps to keep me on target.

chia99

New

Post by chia99 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:15 pm

That's a good strategy. Definitely worth a try. I tend to go in order just because I like to know exactly where I'm at in the section but that strategy seems to be a bit flawed because I find myself rushing during passage #4.

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Yeah, I like to spend more time where there are more points available, that way if I have to rush myself it's on a passage that only has 5 questions, so it shouldn't take me as long to finish anyway.

Best of luck!

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:07 pm

We did a study on the difficulty of questions by having them rated by instructors blindly (I'm not 100% sure on the methodology) and found that 3 and 4 are, on average, more difficult than 1 and 2. Of course, there's variance in there, but we feel it's a good rule of thumb.

And we also recommend starting with an 8-question, hard passage so that you're fresh when you hit it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”