Is it possible...

qbt1990

Is it possible...

Postby qbt1990 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:51 pm

...to improve 10-12 points in 20 days?

I am registered to take the Oct 1st LSAT, but I am only pt'ing anywhere from 157-159 right now. I would like to get my score up to 168-170. Realistically, is there any way this is possible? My study schedule is to take one practice test every day before the LSAT (I know, I hear that burns you out but I don't have much of an option now). I have only taken 4 practice tests as of now.
I would greatly appreciate any advice or what you would do in my situation!

tennisballs

Re: Is it possible...

Postby tennisballs » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 pm

No. That would be = to walking on water (a miracle).

Just be realistic and do the best you can. Stressing about your PT scores in the final weeks will not help your score at all. Try to improve on your weak spots and get excited to dominate in your strong spots.

You'll do great!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 pm

qbt1990 wrote:...to improve 10-12 points in 20 days?

I am registered to take the Oct 1st LSAT, but I am only pt'ing anywhere from 157-159 right now. I would like to get my score up to 168-170. Realistically, is there any way this is possible? My study schedule is to take one practice test every day before the LSAT (I know, I hear that burns you out but I don't have much of an option now). I have only taken 4 practice tests as of now.

How long have you been studying for? Have you done any structured prep like the Powerscore Bibles or Kaplan? If you're entire studying has been 4 practice tests then I'd say delay until December. 3 weeks is definitely not sufficient to study, especially if you're only taking practice tests with no guided help on how to approach the test.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:11 pm

qbt1990 wrote:...to improve 10-12 points in 20 days?

I would probably get off of TLS and study. Just sayin...Not sure why you only have 20 days and have only taken 4 practice tests. 3 weeks is not ideal.

That being said, it's much easier to make point jumps when you're scoring that low as opposed to 170s.

I would advise hitting it super hard, do the bibles and maybe even take 2 LSATS on some days, but give yourself at least 1-2 days of doing very little right before the test (maybe a couple easy games).

But you're probably not going to get a 170 at this point.

1. Cancel October test.
2. Retake in December and actually study for it.
3. ??????
4. Profit.

qbt1990

Postby qbt1990 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks for the replies... I have been studying since mid-July, did half of the bibles and the whole Testmasters course. I am pretty much f***ed at this point and want to wait until Dec, but that means I'll be taking 2 years off before law school, which freaks me out.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:22 pm

qbt1990 wrote:Thanks for the replies... I have been studying since mid-July, did half of the bibles and the whole Testmasters course. I am pretty much f***ed at this point and want to wait until Dec, but that means I'll be taking 2 years off before law school, which freaks me out.

I took the December LSAT and things worked out moderately for me.

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:21 am

define moderately...

asking because I'm in the same boat, but with worse practice scores.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:30 am

Jimbola wrote:define moderately...

asking because I'm in the same boat, but with worse practice scores.

By moderately I mean I did as well if not better than my numbers would suggest.
It doesn't really matter if you take the December LSAT. IT just means you won't be that early in your applications. Fill them out and send them in early so they're ready once you get your score.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”