Is there enough time between when Oct scores come out and...

heyhowdyhey

Is there enough time between when Oct scores come out and...

Postby heyhowdyhey » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:04 pm

... the December test date to study for a December retake?

Because scores come out near the end of October and the next test is at the beginning of December. So that gives you a bit over a month to study. Is that enough time?

I'm terrible about predicting how I do on tests such as these. After I take the test on Oct 1, I'm not going to really have any clue how I did until I get my score back. I don't want to waste my time studying in October prior to getting my score back if I don't need to, because I was planning on using that time to fill out apps and such.

I thought at first I'd have plenty of time to study for a December retake if need be, but now I'm not so sure this is the case.

Tiago Splitter

Re: Is there enough time between when Oct scores come out and...

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:10 pm

A month is probably enough time, but not something you should concern yourself with now.

Take the October test, spend the next couple of weeks in October forgetting about the LSAT and filling out apps. You can have all of the apps filled out and ready to go with a solid weekend worth of effort. Two weeks is plenty of time for this, assuming you have your Letters of Recommendation in. Once that stuff is all set, maybe peek at a little bit of study material here and there until your score comes out. If the score turns out worse than you'd like, study hard for another month and give it a final attempt in December.

But for now, focus on the October test and making the above paragraph a moot point.

heyhowdyhey

Re: Is there enough time between when Oct scores come out and...

Postby heyhowdyhey » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks for your reply! Yeah, obviously I'd prefer not to have to retake, but if I don't get the score I'd like, I guess I'll need to. But I will just study hard these last few weeks of September and hopefully I don't need to worry about December.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”