3 weeks to go: question about strategy Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
stormy18

New

3 weeks to go: question about strategy

Post by stormy18 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Hello all!

I'm taking the LSAT October 1st. Have worked my way completely through the Powerscore LG Bible and partially through the LR Bible (should be done in the next few days). I have also taken 5 PTs (#29-33) since I began studying in the beginning of August.

I'm happy with where my scores are but would like to see another consistent 2-3 point improvement. I need to work on my stamina, so I decided to split up one of the remaining tests and do 4 more 5-section PTs. However I would definitely like to do more PTs before my test date.

My question is: does anyone know if the most recent Official LSAT Preptests book (52-61) contains the 5-section format- do they include the experimental section? I understand this is a relatively new format. If not, is it worth buying the 10 additional tests and splitting them up into 8 5-section tests, thus leaving me with 12 more tests to take before test date?

If anyone has any thoughts or advice, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

KatieKatKat

New

Re: 3 weeks to go: question about strategy

Post by KatieKatKat » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:39 pm

I have that book, and it doesn't have the 5 section format. I just add an additional section from one of the earlier tests to prep myself for the additional 35 minutes on test day.

hadisious

Bronze

Re: 3 weeks to go: question about strategy

Post by hadisious » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:26 pm

KatieKatKat wrote:I have that book, and it doesn't have the 5 section format. I just add an additional section from one of the earlier tests to prep myself for the additional 35 minutes on test day.
I do this as well and highly recommend it. Also, do your "experimental section" first or in the middle (just not last). This way your score will reflect your stamina through 5 sections, not just 4 sections.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”