PT27, Game 1 - Investors visiting a building (Basic linear)

Easy-E

PT27, Game 1 - Investors visiting a building (Basic linear)

Postby Easy-E » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Could someone explain the last question of this game? I had no problems with this game's setup and the first six but I just kinda drew a blank at the end. I understand the question places F into the 5th slot, with four spaces open before it, where the HG-block and L need to fit, and that L must be in one of the first three slots, but I just couldn't put it all together. I think my brain just kinda fried after an hour or so of LG drills.

Moomoo2u

Re: PT27, Game 1 - Investors visiting a building (Basic linear)

Postby Moomoo2u » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:10 pm

A has to be out because F has to be 5th

You then know that L cant be fourth so it has to be either first second or third. To accommodate the HG block it must go first or third (if it were 2nd it would split up the HG). L as number 3 is not an answer choice so you know it's not supposed to go third (although as far as I can tell it does work without violating any of the rules).

So you now have L first H second and G third and F 5th, So the answer is B.

Choosing JKM for #3 doesnt leave room for HGL as you would have to put HG first, forcing L into 4th which it can't be. So none of those can be chosen.

Easy-E

Re: PT27, Game 1 - Investors visiting a building (Basic linear)

Postby Easy-E » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Moomoo2u wrote:A has to be out because F has to be 5th

You then know that L cant be fourth so it has to be either first second or third. To accommodate the HG block it must go first or third (if it were 2nd it would split up the HG). L as number 3 is not an answer choice so you know it's not supposed to go third (although as far as I can tell it does work without violating any of the rules).

So you now have L first H second and G third and F 5th, So the answer is B.

Choosing JKM for #3 doesnt leave room for HGL as you would have to put HG first, forcing L into 4th which it can't be. So none of those can be chosen.

Thank you, pretty clear now.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”