Improving Before the Oct LSAT... possible?

ag912

Improving Before the Oct LSAT... possible?

Postby ag912 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:10 am

I've gone through most of the testmasters material and since sept 1st have been drilling almost 6-8 hours a day. I've moved from an initial score of 158 to 167 and most recently a 171.

My weakest section was logic games which I averaged a -7, I've brought that down to between 1-3 and in logical reasoning I've brought my score from -7 to -2 or -3.

The problem is I've bought all the cambridge lsat packets that classify questions by question type and drilled through all the ones I've had problems with and I'm running out of material to work with..... whats the best way to keep drilling? redo questions? buy fake lsat questions?

Also, is the super prep worth buying at this point in my prep after I've gone through test masters?

Finally, is it possible to improve 3-4 more points for someone who has moved up by 13 points? I want some wiggle room before I get in that chair on test day!

ag912

Re: Improving Before the Oct LSAT... possible?

Postby ag912 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:18 am

Im basically asking if I should wait till december....I will be a splitter candidate with a gpa of 3.5 exact (already recalculated)

landla

Postby landla » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:36 pm

I'm similarly curious how much more I can improve. Right now, I'm averaging a 167, but I'd like to get over 170 just for my own piece of mind.
When I began, I did very well at LG (I've gotten 100% on most tests I've done) but not so great (around 85%) on RC and LR. I haven't had as much time as I'd like to prep (some medical stuff, then work stuff, came up and now I'm back at school) but not to the extent that it will stop me from taking the October test. (I'm graduating in December, so that would definitely be a worse time!)
I just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions, like you asked, and to tell you that you aren't alone! :)
From everything that I've read, you probably can improve if you keep studying that much! How do you find the time?? :) What did you do to improve in LR?
With all that said, good luck!

leafs1315

Postby leafs1315 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:27 pm

I'm exactly in the same place you are. I'm currently averaging about 167/166 and hoping to get in the 170's on the October test. I'm able to get 100% on the LG and only miss a couple in the RC. I'm having trouble getting my LR scores up, so I ordered the Powerscore LR bible. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with the LR bible and if it was helpful in improving your score? Also, if anyone has some good tips to improve in the LR section, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:55 am

if you are already scoring in the upper 160s, i doubt the logical reasoning bible is going to help you very much...

IMO, stop doing so many prep questions/prep tests and slow down a little bit......... find out what you are getting wrong and WHY you are getting it wrong. it doesn't suffice to say, "oh the answer was B, shit i knew it was a or b." find out why it is the right answer, why you chose the wrong answer, and what about the wrong answer was appealing to you...

don't wait till december if you are applying this cycle. you need at LEAST 1 good score on your application and if you postpone till december then do badly in december you are shooting yourself in the foot. take it in october, see how you do, cancel/retake if necessary, and apply.

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:57 am

also, use http://www.manhattanlsat.com/forums/log ... 41a6c68de0 if you can't figure out what's wrong with a particular question

if you are doing badly on RC/LR, you probably are going to have a hard time getting that point improvement by october... if its logic games, you need to practice them more and develop a more efficient approach.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:45 pm

lakers3peat wrote:IMO, stop doing so many prep questions/prep tests and slow down a little bit......... find out what you are getting wrong and WHY you are getting it wrong. it doesn't suffice to say, "oh the answer was B, shit i knew it was a or b." find out why it is the right answer, why you chose the wrong answer, and what about the wrong answer was appealing to you...

This is really the best advice I think anyone could give you in your situation.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”