Old LSATs useful?

dkentrepreneur

Old LSATs useful?

Postby dkentrepreneur » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:09 pm

I was going through the first 10 preptest logic games (from early 90s) and realized that the rules are extremely vague compared to the recent lsat. Should I not use the old LSATS?

thelawschoolproject

Re: Old LSATs useful?

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:54 pm

It isn't that you just "shouldn't use them," but that the newer ones are more helpful. So, for example, if you've already worked through the other practice LSATs and those are the only ones you have left, then they're better than nothing. But, ideally, you'll want to stick with the newer tests. More recent tests are going to be more like the one you'll be taking. They feature easier logic games sections than the earlier ones. And, they have comparative reading sections which weren't in the earlier ones. In my opinion the logical reasoning sections become slightly less predictable in the newer ones. If you're taking the test in October you really should focus on tests 50+ because nothing will make you more prepared.

Best of luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”