Yet another LG question

heyhowdyhey

Yet another LG question

Postby heyhowdyhey » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:07 pm

To make a long story short, LG is by far my weakest section. On the last PT I took, I got -2 and -1 in LR, -2 in RC and -7 in LG (total score 171). My LR and RC are usually always around that number, but LG can be anywhere from -5 to -10 depending on how many I get to. I can't go into the test taking such a risk on that section. My problem is just speed. Everybody always says to just drill LG incessantly in order to improve your score on that section, so I am wondering this: If I spend the next several days JUST focusing on drilling LG sections, but do not work on any LR or RC, would that be okay? I really want to focus on increasing my score on this section. But would not focusing on LR or RC reduce my score on those sections? I don't want that to happen either.

Tiago Splitter

Re: Yet another LG question

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:11 pm

That would absolutely be okay. Don't let your pencil stop moving. Keep drawing shit on the page and inferences will come.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:That would absolutely be okay. Don't let your pencil stop moving. Keep drawing shit on the page and inferences will come.

+1

Also, make sure to drill games by type so you can spot common inferences among similar game types.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:14 pm

And pause to figure out which rule led you to the inference. The same rules will lead to the same inferences/scenarios in every game of a similar type. So in ordering games, for instance, look for big blocks.

aliceydu

Postby aliceydu » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:53 pm

You should practice the games over and over again. Make copies of them and just keep doing them for "fun." It helped me, and made them seem less intimidating.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”