Postponement

wtrc

Postponement

Postby wtrc » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:10 pm

So I took the LSAT this past June and scored a 166. While this was towards the top of my PT's, I made some careless and stupid mistakes (like erasing 2 questions in the wrong section and being unable to change it back), and was unable to finish a LR section (something that never happened to me while PTing the few months before). I was all set upon taking the LSAT again in October, and then applying immediately to law school. I have a ~3.9 GPA, so with a good LSAT score would be in pretty good shape.

Anyway, decided last week that I really haven't been able to put in the necessary LSAT prep time lately to improve on my score, and PT's have remained about the same. Additionally, the job market sucks, so postponing this might not be an awful thing; and I am now writing a thesis for school and if I wait a year my advisor could write me a good recommendation once the thesis is done. = deciding to take a year off, and just take the LSAT in Feb. or June of next year.

Does my reasoning seem logical (heh)? Is there any downside to this? I was offered a job once I graduate at the political firm I've been working at, so will have something to do until the election. Anyone else in a similar situation?

tourdeforcex

Re: Postponement

Postby tourdeforcex » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Does my reasoning seem logical (heh)? logical enough.

Is there any downside to this? maybe, but don't take unless you think you can improve. there's that situation where you could do worse....

I was offered a job once I graduate at the political firm I've been working at, so will have something to do until the election. nice.

Tiago Splitter

Re: Postponement

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:12 pm

tourdeforcex wrote:
Is there any downside to this? maybe, but don't take unless you think you can improve. there's that situation where you could do worse....

There's really no downside to re-taking. Even if you score lower, the schools you'd be applying to will take the higher score. I doubt you'll suddenly throw up a 150.

I would recommend the June test over February just because you will know nothing about the February test except your score.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”