Consistency? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
emkay625

Gold

Consistency?

Post by emkay625 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Anyone have any advice for getting more consistent?

I scored a 169 on PT 52 yesterday but a 180 on PT 61 today. I am not consistently hitting any score range. My last 10 PT scores are:
174, 170, 180, 173, 169, 176, 178, 171, 169, 180.

Help!

I'm retaking a 169 and would be happy with anything higher than a 169. (170 would be just fine). I can't find any pattern in what I do/don't do when I have a low score and when I hit a high score.

Is there anything to do besides keep taking tests? I've already worked my way through each of the Bibles.

Thanks for any advice.

Olive

Silver

Re: Consistency?

Post by Olive » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:42 pm

I've had the same problem. I read this in the Dave Hall thread a few days ago. I think it speaks to my case, perhaps it will help you: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=375 (first two posts)

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Olive wrote:I've had the same problem. I read this in the Dave Hall thread a few days ago. I think it speaks to my case, perhaps it will help you: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=375 (first two posts)
This is exactly my problem. Getting caught on one or two questions eats all my time.

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:19 pm

I love that I saw the post name, came in, and most of what I was going to say was already linked to.

Beyond what Dave said (and more specific to LR, so maybe not as applicable) I've been thinking about getting better skipping questions and coming back a lot. If you're taking minutes on a question and still sometimes get those ones wrong you're screwing yourself over. I can't say much by way of experience yet, but I'm working on identifying the questions that are messing with me for no particular reason and skipping them faster. If you can skip this stuff without wasting multiple minutes you should have more time to come back with a fresh perspective and be more likely to get it right. This is mainly for LR, by the way, and especially if you tend to finish the last question right around when time is up like me. Just a thought. I'm in the same boat, (as you've seen :) ), so this is just a thought.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:16 am

Also, I do skip around during the LSAT. In LG, that means doing hypo questions before Can't Be True questions. In LR, that usually just means skipping parallel. Man, do I hate parallel.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”