Anxiety?

stinkygpa

Anxiety?

Postby stinkygpa » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Something unprecedented is happening. All of a sudden, I'm reaping -8 on Reading Comprehension because I've run out of time. I'm misreading instructions on Logic Games and not having enough time to complete the last game. I'm reading inference questions as support questions in LR. Has someone experienced this before? Running out of time on RC to the point that I didn't have time to complete even a single question on the last passage has never happened to me before. I should preface this by saying that I've been prepping for like 4 months now and hit 172 last week.

EarlCat

Re: Anxiety?

Postby EarlCat » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Take a break. Go to the lake for Labor Day or something. Come back relaxed and refreshed.

boalthopeful

Postby boalthopeful » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:04 pm

i'm feeling the same way. i'm hitting the low 170s on good days, and then, all of a sudden and as of late, i haven't been able to get through my homework. i'll get 10 in a row wrong. just looking at the test makes me nauseous.

i noticed this about a week ago, and immediately saw signs of burnout - i put aside my book for a full week and just focused on PS's and apps.

i'm going to attempt to get through a diag tonight, but i'm definitely slowing down my pace a little.

this happened to my friend for the june lsat and he scored 8 points below his average.

yikes.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Burnout is real. I am not a psychologist so I can't explain it, but at certain times practice isn't going to help and a small break is the best option.

stinkygpa

Postby stinkygpa » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:46 pm

My biggest drops have been in RC, which I have usually averaged -2 and -3, on which I am now getting like -8 which is embarrassing. I'm hoping that this is just because of a burnout because sometimes I just throw up my hands to a question, go "I don't know! Go fuck yourself" and then get it wrong. The passage reads like it justifies at least two of the answer choices and it's becoming highly problematic.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:41 pm

stinkygpa wrote:My biggest drops have been in RC, which I have usually averaged -2 and -3, on which I am now getting like -8 which is embarrassing. I'm hoping that this is just because of a burnout because sometimes I just throw up my hands to a question, go "I don't know! Go fuck yourself" and then get it wrong. The passage reads like it justifies at least two of the answer choices and it's becoming highly problematic.

Is there any chance the drop in RC came after you started doing newer PTs? I ask since the RC section in newer PTs gets substantially harder. If not, the drop in RC score could be attributed to multiple factors such as burnout or random fluctuation.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”