Adopt A Newbie/ Suggestions

CandyKahn

Adopt A Newbie/ Suggestions

Postby CandyKahn » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Hello everyone, I recently found out about this forum through a friend. I cant wait to jump in :D . Here's my short background. I have a Bachelor in Criminal Justice with a GPA of 2.9. I have taken the LSAT before (feb 11') and scored a terrible 142. I have taken a Kaplan course and I can say that the class was okay but maybe wasnt for me. I plan on taking the LSAT again next year feb. I want to give myself as much time as I can to get the highest score possible. I brought all three bibles and have the Official lsat Superprep. Now my questions are 1. Will i need anything else 2. Any suggestions 3. Is there anyone willing to adopt a newbie? :wink: :mrgreen:

EarlCat

Re: Adopt A Newbie/ Suggestions

Postby EarlCat » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:21 pm

CandyKahn wrote:Hello everyone, I recently found out about this forum through a friend. I cant wait to jump in :D . Here's my short background. I have a Bachelor in Criminal Justice with a GPA of 2.9.

ouch.

I have taken the LSAT before (feb 11') and scored a terrible 142.

OUCH!

I have taken a Kaplan course and I can say that the class was okay but maybe wasnt for me.

What do you mean it wasn't for you?

I plan on taking the LSAT again next year feb. I want to give myself as much time as I can to get the highest score possible.

If you want to give yourself as much time as you can, why not June or Oct?

I brought all three bibles and have the Official lsat Superprep. Now my questions are 1. Will i need anything else

Possibly a tutor.

2. Any suggestions

Stay off the clock for a while until you're consistently getting questions right. Whether right or wrong, make sure you review every question and can articulate clearly why each answer choice is right or wrong. Post Qs that stump you on here.

3. Is there anyone willing to adopt a newbie? :wink: :mrgreen:

This whole forum pretty much.

richie222

Postby richie222 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:28 pm

you need all the recent preptests you can get your hands on

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:55 pm

richie222 wrote:you need all the recent preptests you can get your hands on

And, after you take them, review them in detail. That was the biggest thing for me.

As for adoption, we're fairly nice in NH2.

aeiouy

Postby aeiouy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:48 pm

How long ago was your Kaplan course? They provide ALL PrepTests in PDF form. Take the time to download them along with the explanations..get the most out of the $1000+ you paid for the course!

ETA: Depending on the course you took, you most likely have some Mastery books. I think they are exceptionally helpful once you figure out your problem areas.

CandyKahn

Postby CandyKahn » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:33 pm

EarlCat wrote:
CandyKahn wrote:Hello everyone, I recently found out about this forum through a friend. I cant wait to jump in :D . Here's my short background. I have a Bachelor in Criminal Justice with a GPA of 2.9.

ouch.

I have taken the LSAT before (feb 11') and scored a terrible 142.

OUCH!

I have taken a Kaplan course and I can say that the class was okay but maybe wasnt for me.

What do you mean it wasn't for you?

I plan on taking the LSAT again next year feb. I want to give myself as much time as I can to get the highest score possible.

If you want to give yourself as much time as you can, why not June or Oct?

I brought all three bibles and have the Official lsat Superprep. Now my questions are 1. Will i need anything else

Possibly a tutor.

2. Any suggestions

Stay off the clock for a while until you're consistently getting questions right. Whether right or wrong, make sure you review every question and can articulate clearly why each answer choice is right or wrong. Post Qs that stump you on here.

3. Is there anyone willing to adopt a newbie? :wink: :mrgreen:

This whole forum pretty much.

Thanks for replying. What i meant by maybe it wasnt for me. i didnt get a high score. I really didnt see a major change from the test given each time. I will now consider June 12' as the latest test date and thanks for the tips.

CandyKahn

Postby CandyKahn » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:36 pm

aeiouy wrote:How long ago was your Kaplan course? They provide ALL PrepTests in PDF form. Take the time to download them along with the explanations..get the most out of the $1000+ you paid for the course!

ETA: Depending on the course you took, you most likely have some Mastery books. I think they are exceptionally helpful once you figure out your problem areas.

I took the Kaplan online course in April and I still have the mastery books. I went thru most of them. Its weird im able to answer alot of them but whenever there was a session test I would get most of them wrong.

CandyKahn

Postby CandyKahn » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks everyone for your suggestion/tips. I cant afford a tutor right now but i will try to get my hands on the preptest and get into my bibles and move forward. So far the bibles seem to be promising :) Im also thinking about starting up a South florida study group, maybe that would help.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”