Help me on my only LG weak game type?

msuz

Help me on my only LG weak game type?

Postby msuz » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:01 am

The only type of LG game that consistently takes me more than 10 minutes to do is Grouping: Defined-Fixed, Unbalanced: Overloaded. Anyone have advice for this game type, besides reviewing the LGB grouping section?

Maye

Re: Help me on my only LG weak game type?

Postby Maye » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:30 am

I'm also having trouble with grouping games, so hopefully someone comes through! :)

msuz

Postby msuz » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:54 am

For me its not all Grouping games, just the specific type I mentioned. I think most of the trouble comes when I make my setup, and its mostly empty.

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 pm

I find it helpful to write all the rules down in an actual in/out chart. Makes it very visual and easy to tackle. These used to be my weakness to until I started using a chart.

msuz

Postby msuz » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:02 pm

lrslayer wrote:I find it helpful to write all the rules down in an actual in/out chart. Makes it very visual and easy to tackle. These used to be my weakness to until I started using a chart.

Could you maybe give an example? Ive only used Powerscore and I cant remember anything about in/out charts

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:28 pm

msuz wrote:
lrslayer wrote:I find it helpful to write all the rules down in an actual in/out chart. Makes it very visual and easy to tackle. These used to be my weakness to until I started using a chart.

Could you maybe give an example? Ive only used Powerscore and I cant remember anything about in/out charts

No problem, I answered a question for someone yesterday in the following link with an actual picture of the setup. This one has a couple of layers, but I am sure you will get the idea:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=164686

Maye

Postby Maye » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:44 pm

lrslayer wrote:
msuz wrote:

No problem, I answered a question for someone yesterday in the following link with an actual picture of the setup. This one has a couple of layers, but I am sure you will get the idea:

Looks like that picture has been taken down.

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Maye wrote:
lrslayer wrote:
msuz wrote:

Looks like that picture has been taken down.

ok, here is a pic of it fresh off my comp.
--ImageRemoved--

Edit: The notes on the right side were the answers to his questions. But I just want you to see what I mean by charting the rules in a very visual way. Like I said, this one is a few layers. Usually you can have just 2 columns, in/out.

Maye

Postby Maye » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Thank you. This is helpful (for me anyway). I hadn't thought of visualizing the rules that way.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”