Blueprint vs. Powerscore vs. Manhattan vs. TestMasters

dba415

Blueprint vs. Powerscore vs. Manhattan vs. TestMasters

Postby dba415 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:05 pm

I am going to choose a class to take, but which one?

Scored 155 on cold diagnostic, aiming for a 12 pt increase at least.

inb4 someone links me to the mega sticky

Tiago Splitter

Re: Blueprint vs. Powerscore vs. Manhattan vs. TestMasters

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:44 pm

What doesn't the mega-sticky have that you were looking for? These companies all have similar methods and the instructor probably matters more than anything. FWIW, I took Testmasters, but I think I was fortunate to have a fantastic instructor. If nothing else, just go for the cheapest/most convenient option.

dba415

Postby dba415 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 am

The sticky contains threads that are 4 years old and I'd like a more current take on what is the best.

Blueprint is the cheapest/most convenient for me. I would have considered Manhattan because I like the early start (for december lsat) but it is too early as I have already missed the first class.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:47 pm

PM me if you want info on our classes - if you missed the first session, we can get you caught up...

EarlCat

Postby EarlCat » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:25 pm

The decision should be about who you want instructing you, not whose logo is stamped on the books.

SarahKerrigan

Postby SarahKerrigan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:51 pm

you should also check out velocity, they seem pretty legit.

jperez21

Postby jperez21 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:54 am

I was self prepping for a few weeks with Powerscore Bibles and pretty much all the practice tests out there and many times I just felt like I was lost. No sense of direction towards the test as a whole. I was working on different sections without a sense of orientation, it was overwhelming. Not to mention my test was originally scheduled for 10/1/11. Last week I really thought this thru and rescheduled for 12/2011 ordered Blueprint the movie on Thursday overnighted the books and just finished lesson 1. I couldn't be much happier with my decision in all honesty, I know it will pay off... I choose BP mainly because of convenience. Like I said earlier, I've only done one lesson so far and I'm really happy with the results and pace the course offers. I can't say about the other courses, but I can vouch for this so far.

imjustjoking22

Postby imjustjoking22 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:05 am

I'm in the middle of a Blueprint full course, and from my first diagnostic at the start of the class to my first PT afterwards (midway through) I went up 10 points, and am averaging around there right now (with nearly a month of the course left) so I'm pretty pleased with their materials.

That being said, I did the online chat meeting with Noah (manhattan LSAT) and he was very helpful, and I love the Manhattan books, so I'd think they'd be a good option too... tbh a lot of time in class I just sit and drill questions while the class goes on (participating as well), but I don't think I would have dedicated the amount of time to it on my own that I am taking the course (or, at the very least, wouldn't have been as organized).

Of course, if you ARE organized/disciplined and follow a plan like some of the ones on here, I don't see why self-study wouldn't work probably just as well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”