6+ points in one month?

jrgarcia85

6+ points in one month?

Postby jrgarcia85 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:30 pm

I've taken 14 full PTs timed as of today and I am averaging a 154. I'm down to one month for the October 2011 administration and I have been taking one day to do a PT, then two days for review including doing a previous logic games section each of those two days (I'm a teacher and I am writing my thesis to finish up my masters so this is as much as I can do without passing out from exhaustion at the library). I'm pretty frustrated at this moment. Any chance of actually reaching the 160+ score the day of the test? Is it possible to raise my score at least 6 points in four weeks?

Angrygeopolitically

Re: 6+ points in one month?

Postby Angrygeopolitically » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:43 pm

If I were you I would go through REA's logic games twice before the test. 10 games a day.
And, if you are not using the logical reasoning bible go through it.

jrgarcia85

Postby jrgarcia85 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:13 am

Thank you for the recommendation. I'll look into that book tomorrow. I've read through both Powerscore Bibles. Something tells me I might need to go back and reread at least the Logic Games Bible...

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:40 pm

jrgarcia85 wrote:Is it possible to raise my score at least 6 points in four weeks?

Our courses see students make the biggest gains in the last few weeks going into the exam, so it's definitely possible. However, a course has a different philosophy than self-study through repeated tests - mainly, we haven't covered all of the material until about a month before the exam (my last 'new stuff' lesson is next Thursday), so it might be hard to extend our trend to your situation.

If you're still having issues with specific question types or sections (which it sounds like you are), though, I'd imagine you're in the same boat as many of our students, so I would stay registered for October. Focus on the question types that are giving you issues and it's possible to see that score increase.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”