LSAT Test Date and Related Questions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ChinaCat

New

LSAT Test Date and Related Questions

Post by ChinaCat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Last edited by ChinaCat on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moomoo2u

Bronze

Re: LSAT Test Date and Related Questions

Post by Moomoo2u » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:40 pm

ChinaCat wrote:Hi TLS,

This is my first post here and I have a couple questions regarding the LSAT.

I am currently registered to take the LSAT on October 1, 2011 and planning to apply to law school for Fall 2012. However, I am not entirely sure that I will be ready to take the test on October 1. My first question is this: if I were to wait until December 2011 to take the LSAT in order to have more time to study, would it be advisable to use that score to apply to law school for Fall 2013, or would law schools think of that score as too old for Fall 2013 (I know I would be allowed to use it, but would it look bad)?

Second, if I were to take the December 2011 LSAT and apply for Fall 2013 could I have my LORs sent to LSAC within the next couple months or would that be too early for Fall 2013?

Thanks

ChinaCat

1) no, use it for fall 2012, you can use a score that's 5 years old and they won't care.

2) send in your LOR's whenever (earlier is better). Again, they don't care. Just have them in your CAS When You Apply to Law School.

3) take the lsat when you're ready, you have 4/5 opportunities to get a good score.

ChinaCat

New

Post by ChinaCat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:48 pm

Moomoo2u wrote:
1) no, use it for fall 2012, you can use a score that's 5 years old and they won't care.

2) send in your LOR's whenever (earlier is better). Again, they don't care. Just have them in your CAS when you apply to law school.

3) take the lsat when you're ready, you have 4/5 opportunities to get a good score.
Thanks!

In response to your answer #1, the reason I wanted to apply for Fall 2013 rather than Fall 2012 if I take the LSAT in December is because it seems that my chances of admission/scholarships would be diminished by applying late in the cycle. But you think I should not worry about that and apply for Fall 2012 anyway?

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:50 pm

ChinaCat wrote:
Moomoo2u wrote:

2) send in your LOR's whenever (earlier is better). Again, they don't care. Just have them in your CAS when you apply to law school.

Thanks!

In response to your answer #1, the reason I wanted to apply for Fall 2013 rather than Fall 2012 if I take the LSAT in December is because it seems that my chances of admission/scholarships would be diminished by applying late in the cycle. But you think I should not worry about that and apply for Fall 2012 anyway?
Your chances would be diminished, but not destroyed. If things don't work out you can always re-apply in September of 2012. You'd have most of your stuff ready to go so the second go round would be easier than the first.

If you don't like your December score, re-take in June and apply early.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”