Getting Screwed by politics on Reading Comp PT 30 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RaiderBlue17

Bronze

Getting Screwed by politics on Reading Comp PT 30

Post by RaiderBlue17 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Ok so i missed a question about slavery and rice being grown pre and post abolishment. The question asked about the author's attitude.

To me, it was simply a passage about one researchers' works and the implications, thus being neutral. I saw ZERO in the passage that would reveal an author's opinoin.

YET, the correct answer was that the author was 'generally receptive' now I DONT want to play the race, game, but can I GENERALLY ASSUME that the LSAT would not allow passages about minorities: Native Americans, African Americans, etc to be negative, and that they will always be a POSITIVE opinion from the authors?

Feedback please.

P.S. this is practice test 30 I'm speaking about

HellOnHeels

Silver

Re: Getting Screwed by politics on Reading Comp PT 30

Post by HellOnHeels » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:06 pm

I got this question wrong too (I also thought neutral). However, line 11 "This discovery is especially compelling" I guess would make the author "admiring", and thus answer B.

lrslayer

Silver

Post by lrslayer » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:16 pm

RaiderBlue17 wrote:Ok so i missed a question about slavery and rice being grown pre and post abolishment. The question asked about the author's attitude.

To me, it was simply a passage about one researchers' works and the implications, thus being neutral. I saw ZERO in the passage that would reveal an author's opinoin.

YET, the correct answer was that the author was 'generally receptive' now I DONT want to play the race, game, but can I GENERALLY ASSUME that the LSAT would not allow passages about minorities: Native Americans, African Americans, etc to be negative, and that they will always be a POSITIVE opinion from the authors?

Feedback please.

P.S. this is practice test 30 I'm speaking about
generally speaking, you can always expect the lsat to be in favor of minorities and the environment. they are fans of the underdog so to speak.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Only one post on the subject is necessary.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=164393

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”