Study or PS

blk418

Study or PS

Postby blk418 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:26 pm

I am taking the LSAT in October and am currently spending 4 hours each weekday and around 6 everyday studying on the weekends. I have not yet started my PS or any applications. Since my application wont go complete until my LSAT score comes in, is there any advantage in sending my apps in now and giving up studying time to work on them vs. studying as much as I can now and using the 3 +/- weeks between when I take the LSAT to work on my PS etc?

spleenworship

Re: Study or PS

Postby spleenworship » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:43 pm

blk418 wrote:I am taking the LSAT in October and am currently spending 4 hours each weekday and around 6 everyday studying on the weekends. I have not yet started my PS or any applications. Since my application wont go complete until my LSAT score comes in, is there any advantage in sending my apps in now and giving up studying time to work on them vs. studying as much as I can now and using the 3 +/- weeks between when I take the LSAT to work on my PS etc?

First off, take a day off a week or you'll burn out.

Secondly, there is no issue with not sending your apps in until a week or even a couple days before you get your score back. You are still early compared to many of the applicants. You can take that two week period after the LSAT to work on your PS and apps.

bp shinners

Re: Study or PS

Postby bp shinners » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Also, if you haven't started the process of getting LoRs, that is something you should start ASAP. It will often take a professor significantly longer than you expect to write and send in the thing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”