LSAT Burnout?

happyshapy

LSAT Burnout?

Postby happyshapy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:22 pm

So I've been studying for the LSAT since august 2010. I took the december 2010 test but I ended up canceling my score and pretty much didn't pick back up studying until April. I've been self studying and I plan to take two full 5 section prep tests each week from now until Oct. 1. I would take more but I'm worried about burning out from this thing.

The LSAT has become almost unconquerable in my mind and the stress of test day is already making me lose sleep. I'm worried that two prep tests a week might not be enough since my biggest problem is nerves, and timed tests are the best way to get around that. When I canceled the first time it was because I panicked during the first RC section and I couldn't concentrate on the rest of the test. However I'm already feeling dejected by this test and it's more than a month away!

How do you think I should go about the rest of my prep? Would taking more than two tests a week build up the lsat in my head even more then it already is? I feel like I'm pretty smart, my UGPA is a 3.9, and this test should not be this hard for me. But it is. My preptest range has been anywhere from a 163 to 168, but on test day in december I literally had so much test anxiety that I could not take in a single word I read for the first 5 minutes. I don't know if taking more preptest is going to increase this anxiety or lessen it...

richie222

Re: LSAT Burnout?

Postby richie222 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 pm

take your prep tests in a somewhat public place such as a reading room at your public library....you'll force yourself to have to focus with some distractions around you

i think two or three preptests is the perfect amount...with a lot of time, like a day or two, spent reviewing your weaknesses

i took around 4-5 a week for the month leading up to my lsat in june, and i felt that was too much. two or three at most should get where you need to be

happyshapy

Re: LSAT Burnout?

Postby happyshapy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Yeah I've been been taking them at my house, so a more public place will probably be better. It probably didn't help that the first thing I read on the december test was lichens and then dental carries. God that test sucked.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”