What to do with last 10 PT's ?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
gaud

Platinum

What to do with last 10 PT's ??

Post by gaud » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:46 pm

So I have about 10 pt's left (each with experiemental sections added) and a few spare sections on the side.

I'm debating whether or not to just continue to use the spare sections just on their own OR add them to tests and have 6-section PT's (not counting the writing sample)....

Anyone have any opinions or experience with 6-sections pt's and how it may or may not improve your performance.... anyone have positive or negative results with 6-section pt's that they could share??

Thanks

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: What to do with last 10 PT's ??

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:29 pm

gaud wrote:So I have about 10 pt's left (each with experiemental sections added) and a few spare sections on the side.

I'm debating whether or not to just continue to use the spare sections just on their own OR add them to tests and have 6-section PT's (not counting the writing sample)....

Anyone have any opinions or experience with 6-sections pt's and how it may or may not improve your performance.... anyone have positive or negative results with 6-section pt's that they could share??

Thanks
Why are you looking into 6 section pt's as opposed to the normal 5? I wouldn't do more than a couple of 6 section ones, and then only if you have a test fatigue problem.

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:12 am

I've done a few 6-section practice tests and they have helped me iirc, BUT I do tend to have a focus problem towards the end of the test. I've been doing 4 sections/break/2 sections and I have improved a lot on the last few sections regardless of what they are and am not making as many careless mistakes.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:55 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
gaud wrote:So I have about 10 pt's left (each with experiemental sections added) and a few spare sections on the side.

Thanks
Why are you looking into 6 section pt's as opposed to the normal 5? I wouldn't do more than a couple of 6 section ones, and then only if you have a test fatigue problem.

I feel like I sometimes miss questions toward the end of the test due to lack of focus and I think that 6-section tests may force me to focus more. Would you recommend otherwise in my case? If you, can you explain?

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:55 am

luxxe wrote:I've done a few 6-section practice tests and they have helped me iirc, BUT I do tend to have a focus problem towards the end of the test. I've been doing 4 sections/break/2 sections and I have improved a lot on the last few sections regardless of what they are and am not making as many careless mistakes.

Thank you, I have sort of the same problem so that's kind of what I am wondering.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”