Jack3d or Focus XT?

weso1

Jack3d or Focus XT?

Postby weso1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:47 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has tried experimenting with this bodybuilding supplements as a study aid?

Both Jack3d and Focus XT are pre-workout supplements used to increase focus, concentration, and blood flow to the brain.

I know when I take a scoop of Jack3d before I hit the gym, it's like I'm in the zone. I have laser focus. It's a total tunnel vision experience, all outside information is blocked and I concentrate totally on the business at hand. It also has loads of caffeine to keep me energized and on my toes.

I've heard some people use it to prep for finals in undergrad. I had ADD as a kid but it still lingers. I went on Ritalin and my overall school performance shot up. I went from a C or B student, to straight A's. I went off it in uni, but did okay. I would seriously consider Adderall, but I'm also joining the military soon, so I can't have anything like that show up on a recent medical history check.

So, any thoughts?

paulshortys10

Re: Jack3d or Focus XT?

Postby paulshortys10 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:02 am

Love Jack3d for working out, but haven't really tried it for the LSAT...maybe once..

I want to try Focus XT, but don't want the caffeine since i already drink coffee

ag912

Postby ag912 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:19 am

Adderall/Ritalin is much better. I tried using jacked3d and the crash is much more noticable and I'm more jittery than focused....maybe i didnt get the dosage right.

tyro

Postby tyro » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:23 am

weso1 wrote:I would seriously consider Adderall, but I'm also joining the military soon, so I can't have anything like that show up on a recent medical history check.

So, any thoughts?

Unless there is some kind of ridiculous policy in the military, if you've been diagnosed with ADD you should be using your ADD medication to enhance concentration rather than a drug that is designed for muscle building. With prior diagnosis, it will not be hard to attain your medication. I would recommend Concerta as an alternative if you experience insomnia, moodiness, and weight-loss as a result of using the Adderral XR tablets.

weso1

Postby weso1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:55 am

tyro wrote:
weso1 wrote:I would seriously consider Adderall, but I'm also joining the military soon, so I can't have anything like that show up on a recent medical history check.

So, any thoughts?

Unless there is some kind of ridiculous policy in the military, if you've been diagnosed with ADD you should be using your ADD medication to enhance concentration rather than a drug that is designed for muscle building. With prior diagnosis, it will not be hard to attain your medication. I would recommend Concerta as an alternative if you experience insomnia, moodiness, and weight-loss as a result of using the Adderral XR tablets.

The military won't take you if you need medicine to concentrate (or any other kind of medication for any reason.) They say if you need pills to function, what happens when you're in a situation where you don't have those pills and your life and the life of your fellow soldiers depends on your actions? It might be a bit outdated (considering there is almost no circumstance in this era where you can't get medicine to any part of the globe) but I do understand the reasoning. What if I'm behind enemy lines and I need to formulate a plan to get myself and my squad out safely but I'm all out of focus pills?

As is, I'm just going to get in under the wire having been diagnosed ADD as a child. The army won't hold childhood things against you, as long as I can prove I grew out of it (getting through 4 years of undergrad without it is solid evidence.) I don't think I'd need it for school, but I really want to knock the LSAT out of the park. I know if I spent a few months on it with some kind of concentration aid, I could crush it.

tyro

Postby tyro » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:23 am

weso1 wrote:
tyro wrote:

So, any thoughts?

It might be a bit outdated (considering there is almost no circumstance in this era where you can't get medicine to any part of the globe) but I do understand the reasoning. What if I'm behind enemy lines and I need to formulate a plan to get myself and my squad out safely but I'm all out of focus pills?

As is, I'm just going to get in under the wire having been diagnosed ADD as a child. The army won't hold childhood things against you, as long as I can prove I grew out of it (getting through 4 years of undergrad without it is solid evidence.) I don't think I'd need it for school, but I really want to knock the LSAT out of the park. I know if I spent a few months on it with some kind of concentration aid, I could crush it.

Well good luck to you comrade in your military conquests. I totally understand the policy here though in essence. My reasoning on this specific matter is that every single human being has a moderate case of attention deficit "disorder". It's essentially a socially constructed belief that was pioneered by some guy who had the peculiar idea that giving a cocaine-like substance to hyperactive boys would actually calm them down.

CHIJAMES11

Postby CHIJAMES11 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

It's essentially a socially constructed belief that was pioneered by some guy who had the peculiar idea that giving a cocaine-like substance to hyperactive boys would actually calm them down.

meth-like substance and i do think in rare cases it does its intended function but it is certainly overly prescribed.

and, you should try each supplement out before you study. you would know what is working best for your body.

TrojanHopeful

Postby TrojanHopeful » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Haven't tried it. I use Jack3d prior to working out or running. I then start studying after I work out / run and seem to be pretty sharp during that time. Problem is, if I don't go do something active after I take it, then I tend to get jittery. As far as crashing, I've never had that problem with Jack3d.

5 hour energy works for me when studying in the afternoons. Helps with the whole "zone" thing.

Let me know if Jack3d works for you (for studying). I'm interested in the outcome.

stealth8100

Postby stealth8100 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:06 pm

I currently use jack3d to study and I really think it helps me especially when it comes to focusing. Honestly I have tried every from Focus Factor to various vitamins such as B-12 to get as close to the feeling of adderal as i could and nothing that I have personally tried comes as close to the feeling that jack3d provides. Honestly I have not tried Focus XT yet so I currently have no comment on that. One thing that I am going to mention is I take jack3d in half scoops and only take it right after eating something. For some reason this is the way that I get the most focus sensation out of the product. I really think it is important to read the warning labels on any of these pre-work out supplements and abide by them. if it saids not to take more than 3 scoop in 24 hours listen to it; this stuff is intense and is not fda approved. I also recommend taking a few off days a week just to ensure the safe use of the product. I am in know way an expert on this, so use at your own risk,I am just stating what has worked for me.

dood

Postby dood » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:12 pm

--LinkRemoved--

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”