Logic Games advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
adsssd

New

Logic Games advice

Post by adsssd » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:37 am

I am planning on taking the October LSAT. I am currently averaging 6 wrong on each LR section and 4-5 wrong on RC. My biggest problem though, is LG. I get about 11 right in the section and I usually only make it through half of the third game. I took a kaplan course, but I get stuck on deductions after I right out the rules. I want to get at least a 164. Any advice for any of the sections is much appreciated. Thanks.

horrorbusiness

Silver

Re: Logic Games advice

Post by horrorbusiness » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 am

Uh.. Well.. have you checked out the powerscore logic games bible or the manhattan lsat logic games guide?

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 am

Yeah I would say you have enough time to work through the Powerscore logic games bible if you start now. You already have somewhat of an understanding on how the games work you just need a more advanced strategy than Kaplan to tackle them. Get the bible and start drilling games obsessively. Good luck.

adsssd

New

Post by adsssd » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:28 am

Thanks.

I start school this week, will I have enough time to go through the PS bible and improve in other sections? How much time per day do I need to put in for the PS bible?

Is kaplan's method regarded as below par? After 2 months of studying I feel as though it is impossible for me to improve on LG. I just get totally bogged down.

Also, what do you think my chances are of breaking a 164?
Thanks again for your advice.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:53 am

Buy the LG bible and print off 3 copies of as many games as you can get your hands on. Read the chapter in the LG bible and then drill the corresponding game type 3 times. Once as slow as you want, just make sure you understand the set up and deductions. A week later drill the game a second time, try increasing your speed and write how long it took you on the top of the game. Drill that game a third time another week later and see if you can beat the time it took you to complete the game the second time. Do this for every chapter of the bible, you can find the corresponding game types here : http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/lo ... types.html

Focus on drilling games 3 or 4 days a week since that is where your primary weakness is. The other 3 or 4 days study LR and RC and try to PT and review at least once a week. You don't have much time until October but being able to complete a third and even the fourth game will do wonders for your score. Good luck.

adsssd

New

Post by adsssd » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:12 am

Thanks again for the advice. I have improved tremendously with the PS LG book. However, I have dropped in reading comp and am pretty nervous about it. If I want a min of 164 by october, what would you suggest. I'm scoring about 5 wrong in each LR and anywhere between 4-8 wrong on RC. I havent finished the PS book so I dont know where I stand with the LG section. Any advice/encouragement is appreciated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”