Improvement after completing Powerscore books?

msuz

Improvement after completing Powerscore books?

Postby msuz » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm curious to see how much people improved on their PTs after completing the Powerscore books.

For me at least, after I completed the LG Bible I went from around -15 on LG to -5. I will complete the LR Bible today and I'll be taking a PT tomorrow, so I dont know how much I've improved yet. I'm hoping I'll get at least 3 more right in each section.

To clarify, I'm not so much interested in people's final LSAT score, or what they got down to in a section after drilling, so much as I am interested in improvements seen directly after completing the Powerscore books.

Thanks

am060459

Re: Improvement after completing Powerscore books?

Postby am060459 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:11 pm

it really depends. you need more PT to see how much you have really improved. also, it depends on how you practiced using the PS books. did you just read them and do the questions in the back or did you use other books to drill down the concepts.

i improved on LG from -13 to -2 but this was like a month after going through the LG book. for LR, i went from -11 to -7.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:19 pm

I went through the LG Bible slowly over a month or so along with doing drills and one or two PT's. Before the Bible I was probably going -6/7 on LG, now I am -0. I still have to work on my timing a little, but it was a major breakthrough. Now I am starting the LR Bible, hoping for similar results.

msuz

Postby msuz » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:15 pm

I didnt supplement the bibles with any other material, just went straight through them. Ive been drilling nearly everyday and keeping track of my progress on LG since I completed the bible a couple weeks ago, and now Im getting -4 to -1 on LG.

For LR, I'll find out tomorrow after I PT. My scores were pretty bad to begin with though (For my initial diag, -14 on 1st LG PT, -13 on both LR sections) so I have had a lot of room to improve.

darkatillam2

Postby darkatillam2 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:29 pm

I improved around 13-15 points after reading all the powerscore bibles + Master the LSAT (for LG) from my initial diagnostic. Of course, my initial diagnostic was in the low low 140s, so I had a LOT to work on.

The biggest increase was in LG. I had missed half the questions on my diagnostic, and went to going -1 to -4 on LG afterward.

msuz

Postby msuz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:21 pm

I improved a total of 5 questions on both LR sections from my initial diag. Disappointing, but I havent begun to drill yet. My issue is mostly with panicking about timing, so hopefully drilling often helps this.

thegoodpart

Postby thegoodpart » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:22 pm

I used and just finished all of the bibles for my retake. LG didn't help me much as I was already -2 at my worst on LG. RC is my weakest and it has helped me go from -12 to -5 so that was a success. LR was only a slight increase by employing the techniques in the book so now I'm just drilling the hell out of LR. I just went through the books slowly and supplemented that with practice probs and timed sections.

Overall, I'd recommend the bibles.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”