READING COMP

Cheekie F Baby

READING COMP

Postby Cheekie F Baby » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Hey guys,

I've made worthwhile improvements in LR and LG, but I'm still struggling with RC. Any methods or tips you guys may have would be appreciated.
Been trying everything with no real luck

am060459

Re: READING COMP

Postby am060459 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:59 pm

can you be more specific?

are you not focused enough, find the topics boring, whats your breakdown, etc?

Cheekie F Baby

Postby Cheekie F Baby » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Getting about 2 wrong per passage. Having a hard time of keeping all the details from the passages in mind for the questions, and paying attention to the structure as well.

I've missed Main Point questions quite a few times to the "2nd best answer" because I seem to always pick the wrong answer when I eliminate the answers to just two options.
Sometimes, I just completely miss the slight cues/shift of author's attitude (Nevertheless, Ultimately, However...)

I would really like to tighten this section up to a -2 only so I can get on track to reach my goal for the test.

am060459

Postby am060459 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:25 pm

what are you using for practice. I hear the Manhattan RC book is good and better than the Powescore RC book. maybe give that a shot and use older RC sections to drill down.

RC is a tough section to improve on relatively speaking but its about getting a strategy down. also, dont focus to much on the details. you need to understand the structure and general overview of the passage. the passage is there for referral for specific questions. so as long as you know that paragraph 3 was about the scientific experiement or the opposing view you can refer back for a quick glance.

Cheekie F Baby

Postby Cheekie F Baby » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 pm

am060459 wrote:what are you using for practice. I hear the Manhattan RC book is good and better than the Powescore RC book. maybe give that a shot and use older RC sections to drill down.

RC is a tough section to improve on relatively speaking but its about getting a strategy down. also, dont focus to much on the details. you need to understand the structure and general overview of the passage. the passage is there for referral for specific questions. so as long as you know that paragraph 3 was about the scientific experiement or the opposing view you can refer back for a quick glance.

Have you checked out the Manhattan RC book at all? Is it that useful?

suzige

Postby suzige » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 pm

The manhattan book helped me a lot. I'd def. recommend it.

gaud

Postby gaud » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:45 pm

suzige wrote:The manhattan book helped me a lot. I'd def. recommend it.

+1 . it is, at the very least, better than PS to me

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”