Tips for retaking after 1+ year(s) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
zephyr36

Bronze

Tips for retaking after 1+ year(s)

Post by zephyr36 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 pm

I will be retaking the LSAT sometime this year (haven't decided, but it could be as early as this December if I choose to apply this cycle). Last October I scored a 166, retook in December, and cancelled that score (I knew I was not walking out with higher than a 166. I blame this on a lack of prep).

I want to re-take and reapply for the chance of getting $$ at a T10 or getting into HYS. This means that I'm looking for 172+ to be safe (GPA is 4.0).

From I remember, the biggest thing I know I can improve on is LG (I missed 4 on my 166). RC was also a concern, but I know that's harder to improve on. Of course, LR could always be perfected as well. So basically, I'm looking to really improve across the board, but I know I can work towards getting -0 on LG.

Any tips from those who have been in a similar situation?

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: Tips for retaking after 1+ year(s)

Post by Tiago Splitter » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:50 pm

I also scored a 166 on the October test. Went through Testmasters and re-took in June. Bumped up 12 points.

I doubt you need a class. Just learn the best methods for attacking question types through the Logic Games Bible and Logical Reasoning Bible, and then drill questions over and over. Reading comp also requires plenty of drilling, but there are fewer magic techniques compared to LR and games. Good luck!

am060459

Silver

Re: Tips for retaking after 1+ year(s)

Post by am060459 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:03 pm

zephyr36 wrote:I will be retaking the LSAT sometime this year (haven't decided, but it could be as early as this December if I choose to apply this cycle). Last October I scored a 166, retook in December, and cancelled that score (I knew I was not walking out with higher than a 166. I blame this on a lack of prep).

I want to re-take and reapply for the chance of getting $$ at a T10 or getting into HYS. This means that I'm looking for 172+ to be safe (GPA is 4.0).

From I remember, the biggest thing I know I can improve on is LG (I missed 4 on my 166). RC was also a concern, but I know that's harder to improve on. Of course, LR could always be perfected as well. So basically, I'm looking to really improve across the board, but I know I can work towards getting -0 on LG.

Any tips from those who have been in a similar situation?
i am not in a similar situation but suggests going through the LG book from Powerscore. I also suggest getting the section/category breakdown of question from Cambridge LSAT for each section. They only use questions from PT 1-38 so you can save the newer exams for PT'ing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”