LSAT Preparation Materials Advice

shredderrrrrr

LSAT Preparation Materials Advice

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:02 am

Hey all,

I took the June LSAT and got a 162. Not bad, but not great. Prior to it, I had self-taught my way through a Kaplan prep book and took a Kaplan class (the only company available within a 4-hour radius of me). I only took 4 prep tests, scoring (in order) 154 (diagnostic), 158, 162, and 156.

Since taking the LSAT, I found this site. Now I know that a. I didn't take enough practice tests, b. I used subpar prep materials, and c. 162 is not that good of a score. Needless to say, I am retaking in October.

Obviously I do not have much time left to study. There is nothing that can be done about this because I want my app's in early and can't take a year off before applying. With that being said, I'm looking to do as much as I can before the test. What do you guys recommend?

Are Powerscore Bibles the way to go? Or are the Manhattan books better?

And I want to take a lot of practice tests. Are there any good books that have lots of available tests? Or any resources where I could find previous tests?

I know this is probably redundant, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

am060459

Re: LSAT Preparation Materials Advice

Postby am060459 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:Hey all,

I took the June LSAT and got a 162. Not bad, but not great. Prior to it, I had self-taught my way through a Kaplan prep book and took a Kaplan class (the only company available within a 4-hour radius of me). I only took 4 prep tests, scoring (in order) 154 (diagnostic), 158, 162, and 156.

Since taking the LSAT, I found this site. Now I know that a. I didn't take enough practice tests, b. I used subpar prep materials, and c. 162 is not that good of a score. Needless to say, I am retaking in October.

Obviously I do not have much time left to study. There is nothing that can be done about this because I want my app's in early and can't take a year off before applying. With that being said, I'm looking to do as much as I can before the test. What do you guys recommend?

Are Powerscore Bibles the way to go? Or are the Manhattan books better?

And I want to take a lot of practice tests. Are there any good books that have lots of available tests? Or any resources where I could find previous tests?

I know this is probably redundant, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I would recommed the LR and LG from PS. I have read the RC from PS but wasnt a fan. Consensus on TLS is that Manhattan RC is better.

for preptest practice you can buy the Official LSAT Prep books but they only go to PT 40 and then you will have to buy them individually. Or use Cambridge LSAT (i have used them before and i am pleased. only thing is they do no provide hard copy. you get an electronic version, pdf, which you can view upto three times. you cannot save it but there is a way around it. print to pdf using BULLZIP which allows you to save it to your desktop)

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:18 am

I offer saveable PDFs of all recent PrepTests that you can view as many times as you like once downloaded. No need for workarounds.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:35 am

Wow, thank you guys! You succinctly answered my questions! I really appreciate the advice. Time to start studying away!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”