Reasons for taking October LSAT

peharris

Reasons for taking October LSAT

Postby peharris » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:03 pm

1st post and 1st day finding this site.

Of course I have not planned well and have decided that I would like to go to Law school again. I took the LSAT in 94 or 95 and was admitted to IU Law Indy, I took a year deferment and then decided I did not want to go. Now, YES, I want to go. I will be applying again to IU Law Indy again. Now I'd like to know what the reasons wold be for me to take the LSAT in October? I think I should wait until December to take the LSAT because it would give me a full 3 months to study.

What scholarship opportunities am I going to miss out on? I am a URM too.

Thanks, Pat

Nancy_Botwin

Re: Reasons for taking October LSAT

Postby Nancy_Botwin » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm inclined to say you would be better off holding out until December. If you haven't taken the LSATs recently -- And haven't been in the in-school study mode -- I would take the extra time to study. As we all know, it's a tricky bastard of a test. A lot of people will tell you that the sooner you get your test taken and application in the better. But, taking the extra 2 months to study could increase your score significantly.

Really, IMO, it all comes down to what you feel comfortable with. Just don't take the test in February 2012 and expect Fall 2012 admission. I learned that the hard way the past 2 years ;) Best of luck!

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:05 pm

If you haven't started studying for this administration, you really need to wait.

peharris

Postby peharris » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks...will do. Just got a new job that has a certification that goes with it too! Hopefully I can use 12 hours to get it passed, my new boss said he only studied 6 hrs and passed it. :shock:

Thanks!

Nancy_Botwin

Postby Nancy_Botwin » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:33 pm

peharris wrote:Thanks...will do. Just got a new job that has a certification that goes with it too! Hopefully I can use 12 hours to get it passed, my new boss said he only studied 6 hrs and passed it. :shock:

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, what was your boss's score? And what do you mean by "passing?" Is that your goal score? I'm a little confused :?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”