MLSAT pure sequencing method

JustSomebody

MLSAT pure sequencing method

Postby JustSomebody » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:54 pm

I really like Manhattan LSAT's pure sequencing tree diagram method, but I had one question that I don't think is addressed in the chapter.

How would you do your diagram if you have a rule like "S is not taller than P"? So S might be shorter than P, but they might also be the same height. You can't draw S to the right of P on your tree diagram because you don't know for sure that they are different heights. How would you mark this?

Blessedassurance

Re: MLSAT pure sequencing method

Postby Blessedassurance » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Give us the whole thingy.

It's easier to diagram that way

richie222

Postby richie222 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:08 pm

i think for most pure sequencing games you get a scenario where there arent any ties....but if you did, you could make your tree diagram how you normally would, and then next to it write out the specific rule so in your case P---S OR P with a big star next to it S

GoldenGloves

Postby GoldenGloves » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:32 am

It makes sense just to draw a horizontal line out from P to S. You'd just need to keep in mind exactly what it means.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:12 am

I can see this playing out a few ways:

1. Frame the game (probably not worth it).
2. Draw the S and P in a circle to indicate their relationship is unknown. But, you'd have to eliminate the possibility that S is taller than P, so that could get tricky.
3. Draw S before P (the usual line) with an asterisk.
4. Draw S before P and on top of P.

Good luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”