Parallel Reasoning questions?

Mr.Binks

Parallel Reasoning questions?

Postby Mr.Binks » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:24 pm

I am currently struggling with Parallel Reasoning questions, albeit I have not spent a whole lot of time on them yet. I am using the Powerscore LR Bible, and under the "What to Do if All Else Fails" section, it states that you can restate the stimulus in abstract, simple terms. For example, if the stimulus says, "The bank teller had spotted a thief once before, so she was certain she could do it again," one could rephrase that to "she had done it once, so she knew it could be done again."

Has anyone tried to apply this method to ALL Parallel reasoning questions? It seems that if you learn to rephrase the stimulus correctly, then it should be the most effective way to approach these questions.

If not, then could someone please direct me as to the proper approach to make these questions the easiest?

Thanks!

am060459

Re: Parallel Reasoning questions?

Postby am060459 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:33 pm

look at the scope of the stimulus. in other words, if the stimulus is using words like some, most, not all, more than half, etc., then the stimulus is broad in its scope. therefore, cross out answer choices that use definitive/absolute words like none, all, every, etc.

this should get at least 1 answer choice out and most of the time 2 or more.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”