Am I being careless?

coastal112

Am I being careless?

Postby coastal112 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:42 pm

I've been studying off an on for the past month with a basic Kaplan course; cold diagnostic was a 151, and now I'm averaging 158 (3 PTs). I could tell from the beginning that I was making a lot of stupid mistakes. When I go over my wrong answers, I usually say to myself, "Oh okay, I can see why that's right." But it's never "OH I DEFINITELY see why that's right." I always finish with 5-7 minutes remaining, and I'm not the type of person that will get more correct if I take more time. I do not feel rushed, I am not anxious, but I get...bored?

I scored strangely on my last test, PT 59. I missed three on LG, 8 and 9 on LR, and more than 10 on RC. Extremely embarrassing, to say the least. RC is usually my best section. Is this an anomaly? Since RC was last on this one, could I have gotten careless toward the end? Or am I just STUPID?

Opie

Re: Am I being careless?

Postby Opie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Sounds like you're just not focusing. FORCE yourself to read every answer and eliminate the incorrect ones even if the right one stands right out. Maybe read the RC passages once through quickly, then again when answering questions.

coastal112

Re: Am I being careless?

Postby coastal112 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks for the advice. I know I can do it, but I keep making stupid mistakes! I annoy myself.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”