is the LSAT really not learnable for some people?

dkt14

is the LSAT really not learnable for some people?

Postby dkt14 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:09 pm

one of my friends who has been preparing for awhile tols me that the lsat is not learnablw for some people who are not used to think the way the lsat questions are designed. he said he has never seen peoe who studied more than 3months who improve their scores, and said that it is really whether u have it or not. could anybody tell me if this is correct?

crumpetsandtea

Re: is the LSAT really not learnable for some people?

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:21 pm

what is this i don't even.

No, that's not true at all. Your friend is either lying or knows some really ineffective students.

mickeyD

Postby mickeyD » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:32 pm

I would think it's almost the opposite. The people who don't think the way the LSAT is designed probably have the most room to improve and can learn the most. A perfect example is Logic Games. Many people don't "think that way," and see games as almost a foreign language. But games are actually very learnable. I personally missed 16 on my diagnostic but was able to get a perfect score on that section on the real thing.

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:42 pm

There are some people who will never be able to get a good score on the LSAT. But IMO, this is less in part of their intelligence, but more so of their work ethic and priorities.

I have a friend whose been studying for 2 years now and has taken Blue Print and Testmasters, and yet, she can't even break a 160. At the same time, she doesn't do all or most of the homework. Also, when she gets an answer wrong, she doesn't review it and try to comprehend WHY she chose that answer, WHY the right answer is correct, WHY the wrong answer is wrong, etc. Her study methods are terrible. Also, during the summer when she should be studying, she still tends to go "out" a lot and do fun things often. Clearly there's a lack of priority there.

As someone once posted on TLS before, ANYONE with a half wit brain and a excellent work ethic should be able to get a 156.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”