Random LSAT questions

dietcoke0

Random LSAT questions

Postby dietcoke0 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Busy with my studies, but a few things that come up in my mind when taking my PT.

1. How much time is between each section. I know there is no break, but is there 15 seconds, a minute, two minutes? I like to resharpen my pencils, both as a stress reliever and I like super sharp pencils. Plus wanted to know how much time to let my mind cool down between rounds.

2. I know I am allowed a analog wristwatch, which I use. But is there a chance I could use my analog stopwatch? It looks close to this:

--ImageRemoved--

Was wondering if anyone has gotten away with something like that before. I set my watch to noon and use it during my PT, but would be awesome to use that instead.

3. Even if I can't use my analog stopwatch, can I take my watch off. Not a habitual time looker, and I actually time myself very well during the test, within 2-3 minutes one way or the other, with 7 weeks left, but can I just set it on the desk?

4. Is there a limit to pencils on the desk? Like i said, like sharp pencils, would benefit me to have like 10 ready to go.

5. Any chance for a labelless bottle of water? I love drinking water, and hate that I can't do it during PT. Would love a chance to gulp some H2O between questions

Got more, but can't think of them right now.

rinkrat19

Re: Random LSAT questions

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:31 pm

Stopwatches tick. I wouldn't risk it.

You can take your watch off. I wore one on my wrist (set to the actual time) and had one on my desk, which I set to noon at the beginning of each section.

You can have pencils, erasers, and (I think) a sharpener on your desk. Be aware that some testing venues have those tiny little fold-down desks about the size of a piece of paper.

No snack or drink on your desk. You can only have a drink during the break.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Is there a limit to pencils though? It says like "You many have 3 or 4 pencils on your desk" somewhere in my readings, but I want like 6 to 8

am060459

Postby am060459 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:50 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:Is there a limit to pencils though? It says like "You many have 3 or 4 pencils on your desk" somewhere in my readings, but I want like 6 to 8

bring 100. have 3-4 on your desk and the rest under your desk.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:51 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:Is there a limit to pencils though? It says like "You many have 3 or 4 pencils on your desk" somewhere in my readings, but I want like 6 to 8

How many do you really need for two sections? You can get more out at the break.

I had like 8 on my desk. I think I used a new one for each section.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:08 am

The rules could be very strictly interpreted to not allow a stopwatch, but I know several people who have used them openly during the test. I doubt you'd run into a proctor who wants to disallow it, but who knows.

Time between section is also dependent on the proctor. It ranges from maybe 5 seconds to 30 seconds for some lucky folks.

dakure

Postby dakure » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:11 am

Take your watch and at the start of every section, move the minute hand to the 25 minute mark. Then let it go till it hits zero.

pichu

Postby pichu » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:29 am

dakure wrote:Take your watch and at the start of every section, move the minute hand to the 25 minute mark. Then let it go till it hits zero.

Good advice. Alternatively, I set my watch for 12/noon/midnight and had it count to 12:35. Either method works.

But I've heard stopwatches (even analog) are a no-no.

And I kept my water under my desk, but I took a few sips during non-break times. No one said anything to me and I doubt you'll get ejected from the test for that.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:25 pm

pichu wrote:And I kept my water under my desk, but I took a few sips during non-break times. No one said anything to me and I doubt you'll get ejected from the test for that.

If it's against the rules, there's a proctor out there who will eject you for it. While there are things that seem silly and minor compared to others, I wouldn't risk it.

Personally, I'd skip the stopwatch and don't reach for the water except during breaks. Though I'd probably not worry about too many pencils.

d0rklord

Postby d0rklord » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:44 pm

I assume it has to be "wood" pencils... yes? Sorry for the seemingly dumb question >.>

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:36 am

d0rklord wrote:I assume it has to be "wood" pencils... yes? Sorry for the seemingly dumb question >.>
Yes. Mechanical pencils are specifically banned.

JDndMSW

Postby JDndMSW » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:35 am

Does it specify anywhere if your beverage cannot contain alcohol? Just curious.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”