Accuracy of a Kaplan PT

Opie

Accuracy of a Kaplan PT

Postby Opie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Maybe I'm paranoid, or maybe I worked too many sales jobs, but I'm suspicious of a PT offered by someone offering to sell me courses. Has anyone taken the free Kaplan LSAT Practice Tests?

I want to believe the scores are accurate, but part of me screams that it must be fixed so that you get a low score.

SA1928

Re: Accuracy of a Kaplan PT

Postby SA1928 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 pm

I have taken two Kaplan practice tests and both times it was PrepTest 36, which was administered in December 2001. I thought it was helpful to get a feel for the test and to get a diagnostic in a real setting. They send you a full analysis after so you can get a vague idea as to what areas are your strengths and weaknesses. They obviously give you a sales pitch, but you aren't forced to sign up for anything. Kaplan has a lot of free events (like mock admissions, personal statement seminars etc), some of which can be really helpful I think.

Opie

Postby Opie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:06 pm

That's great news! I don't think I've taken that one.

I didn't think anyone could get away with being that shady with a bunch of future lawyers. I can take a sales pitch, but I would appreciate an honest simulation.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Kaplan will actually let you keep your test and punch the answers in online to receive a score.

I dont think they are inflating or deflating your score.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”