Kaplan LSAT Advantage - On Demand : Worth it?

Donnis

Kaplan LSAT Advantage - On Demand : Worth it?

Postby Donnis » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Devoting my full-time to the next 3-5 months of studying and preparing for my LSAT.

Besides normal books, I was looking to Kaplan's On Demand service. The main aspect attracting me is the access to 6,500 questions from actual tests.

Anyone purchase this before and find it useful? It is $550 but my parents said they are willing to help me out if it is worth the money. Am I better off spending the extra 400 and taking a class in a couple months?

I feel that access to the 6,500 questions would allow me to master the type of questions, and then I could focus on speed and accuracy under timed conditions.

sundance95

Re: Kaplan LSAT Advantage - On Demand : Worth it?

Postby sundance95 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Donnis wrote:Devoting my full-time to the next 3-5 months of studying and preparing for my LSAT.

Besides normal books, I was looking to Kaplan's On Demand service. The main aspect attracting me is the access to 6,500 questions from actual tests.

Anyone purchase this before and find it useful? It is $550 but my parents said they are willing to help me out if it is worth the money. Am I better off spending the extra 400 and taking a class in a couple months?

I feel that access to the 6,500 questions would allow me to master the type of questions, and then I could focus on speed and accuracy under timed conditions.

You sure about that part?

Donnis

Postby Donnis » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:15 pm

sundance95 wrote:
Donnis wrote:Devoting my full-time to the next 3-5 months of studying and preparing for my LSAT.

You sure about that part?

Unless they are misleading, their website says "A personal copy of every released LSAT question (6,500+) "

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:20 pm

I doubt they'd straight up lie about that, LSAC would have a fit. Depending on what they charge it might be worth it. Are they just selling the questions to you, or are they selling their strategy as well? I'm not a believer in Kaplan's methodology, but my primary complaint against them is that they use fake LSAT questions in their course. (Or, at least they used to.)

If you are looking for a methodology and want to self study, I'd recommend Powerscore books + LSAC's "Real LSAT" books.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Just looked up the price, $183 x 3 = $549. If you are willing to spend a bit more, I'd check out Blueprint LSAT's video course. It's $799, I've heard decent things about it, and the pedigree of the methodology is better than Kaplan. They built off (or stole from, depending on who ask) the Testmasters/Powerscore approach.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Our self-study program also gives you access to all the questions, as well as to class videos and other online goodies. It's a bit less expensive (450). PM me if you have questions. Good luck, whatever you do.

WhoIsDonDraper

Postby WhoIsDonDraper » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Honestly, don't do anything Kaplan. Even if you are just buying questions, Kaplan is an awful LSAT prep company. I think there are plenty of other great options our there. I would second everything sundance and Manhattan Noah said. Do the Manhattan LSAT self study or spring for the Blueprint Course. They give you all of the questions and they have a ton of video material that comes with it. Not trolling for either BP or Manhattan though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”