having difficulty with PT 57 LR1 question 25.

birchum

having difficulty with PT 57 LR1 question 25.

Postby birchum » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:26 am

I do not understand how one gets the CR. I chose A. I rejected all the other choices because the stimulus talks about only certain type of contributions. So I did not choose C because I did not know if other contribution laws applied to the other contributors.
Thanks for any help!
Last edited by birchum on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

lsatisevil

Re: having difficulty with PT 57 LR1 question 25.

Postby lsatisevil » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:57 am

This is a must be true question.

Adherence to the law by Brimley's campaign is asserted here. Brimley took contributions only from Weston residents and Weston former residents. Thus, Brimley took no contributions from those who were both non-residents and non-former residents—the only category of people the law mentions; and so there cannot have been any contributions to Brimley’s campaign that had to be registered with the city council.

The correct answer choice is (C).

Answer choice (A) is not necessarily true. The law is about those who were both non-residents and non-former residents. A only talks about those who are non-residents.

Blumpbeef

Re: having difficulty with PT 57 LR1 question 25.

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:43 am

The stimulus contains the entirety of the law. "the law of the city of weston is as follows:". It does not say "part of the law", which means you can assume that there are no other laws in weston relating to campaign contributions.

You can eliminate other answer choices like E by knowing that people might have registered with the city council anyway, even if they did not NEED to.

A can be not true. A nonresident who was a former resident may well have contributed in excess of $100.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”