Realistic Expectations Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nblumen

New

Realistic Expectations

Post by nblumen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:29 pm

I have been taking a Kaplan course (which ends tomorrow) for the last 6 or so weeks. On my practice test from today I scored a 164. Between now and October, what is a realistic increase in points that I can expect? I will not be solely studying the LSAT since I will have to balance my school work with my LSAT studying as of next week, but I am willing to put in as much effort as I can to increase my score. I just don't want to end up being too disappointed and stressing significantly that I'm not working hard enough if I'm aiming for an unreasonable increase. That said, does anyone have any suggestions on approximately how much time I should set aside per day studying for the LSAT between now and October 1?

bport hopeful

Gold

Re: Realistic Expectations

Post by bport hopeful » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:32 pm

nblumen wrote:I have been taking a Kaplan course (which ends tomorrow) for the last 6 or so weeks. On my practice test from today I scored a 164. Between now and October, what is a realistic increase in points that I can expect? I will not be solely studying the LSAT since I will have to balance my school work with my LSAT studying as of next week, but I am willing to put in as much effort as I can to increase my score. I just don't want to end up being too disappointed and stressing significantly that I'm not working hard enough if I'm aiming for an unreasonable increase. That said, does anyone have any suggestions on approximately how much time I should set aside per day studying for the LSAT between now and October 1?
I took a Kaplan course that ended around this time last year and sat for the october 9th test, and also scored a 164 for my final Kaplan prep test.

After my course ended, I stopped studying for about a month, purely due to laziness. Then when I got back into studying, I did like fifteen minutes here and fifteen minutes there. With 3 or 4 weeks left, I started banging out PTs. I was PTing in the 168 - 169 range. On test day I had a massive fuck up, and scored a 166. If you really bust balls for the next two weeks, its not impossible to break into the 170s I would say.

nblumen

New

Post by nblumen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:34 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
nblumen wrote:I have been taking a Kaplan course (which ends tomorrow) for the last 6 or so weeks. On my practice test from today I scored a 164. Between now and October, what is a realistic increase in points that I can expect? I will not be solely studying the LSAT since I will have to balance my school work with my LSAT studying as of next week, but I am willing to put in as much effort as I can to increase my score. I just don't want to end up being too disappointed and stressing significantly that I'm not working hard enough if I'm aiming for an unreasonable increase. That said, does anyone have any suggestions on approximately how much time I should set aside per day studying for the LSAT between now and October 1?
I took a Kaplan course that ended around this time last year and sat for the october 9th test, and also scored a 164 for my final Kaplan prep test.

After my course ended, I stopped studying for about a month, purely due to laziness. Then when I got back into studying, I did like fifteen minutes here and fifteen minutes there. With 3 or 4 weeks left, I started banging out PTs. I was PTing in the 168 - 169 range. On test day I had a massive fuck up, and scored a 166. If you really bust balls for the next two weeks, its not impossible to break into the 170s I would say.

Thank you, that would be absolutely amazing. How frequently were you taking PTs during those final weeks?

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Two or three times a week. I would do one every wednesday and one every saturday morning in semi test like scenarios. Specifically I went and sat in the middle of the library where it was a studious setting, but where there were distractions. Sometimes I would try to do one one monday nights.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”