taking the LSAT overseas

spakesneaker

taking the LSAT overseas

Postby spakesneaker » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:08 am

I'm registered to take the LSAT on October 1st in the U.S., but I might have to take it overseas so that I can be present at the beginning ceremony of my brother's month-long wedding festivities (it's on September 29th). OR is it possible for me to switch my registration so that I take the Saturday Sabbath observer test on Tuesday, October 4th instead? (I can fly back in time and not be overwhelmed and in danger of missing the test due to a late flight) Or will they think it's not valid because I didn't initially sign up for that anyway?

How is taking the test abroad different? Do I find out my scores later? Are they just as valid?

Eugenie Danglars

Re: taking the LSAT overseas

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:37 am

spakesneaker wrote:I'm registered to take the LSAT on October 1st in the U.S., but I might have to take it overseas so that I can be present at the beginning ceremony of my brother's month-long wedding festivities (it's on September 29th). OR is it possible for me to switch my registration so that I take the Saturday Sabbath observer test on Tuesday, October 4th instead? (I can fly back in time and not be overwhelmed and in danger of missing the test due to a late flight) Or will they think it's not valid because I didn't initially sign up for that anyway?

How is taking the test abroad different? Do I find out my scores later? Are they just as valid?

If you want to take the Sabbath test, I'm pretty sure you'll need to get a written request from a rabbi or someone similar. Taking the test abroad is not really any different. If you're in on a different continent, they'll give you a different test, and it will be non-disclosed, but the score is just as valid. It's no harder or easier.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”