PrepTests

kekepania

PrepTests

Postby kekepania » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:58 am

I just began studying for the December LSAT! I have a few questions.
Should I take practice tests on the same day that I will be taking the actual test (Saturday)? How often should I take practice tests? During the week of the LSAT, should I take any practice tests and if yes, how many?

Thanks!

morris248

Re: PrepTests

Postby morris248 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:21 am

Should I take practice tests on the same day that I will be taking the actual test (Saturday)?

You are kidding, right.

If you are not ready by the week before, don't take the test. You need to rest the three days prior to the test, drink some beer and relax.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:49 pm

morris248 wrote:
Should I take practice tests on the same day that I will be taking the actual test (Saturday)?

You are kidding, right.

If you are not ready by the week before, don't take the test. You need to rest the three days prior to the test, drink some beer and relax.

He is asking whether or not he should take practice tests on the Saturdays leading up to the test. The answer is yes; take practice tests, when possible, under similar conditions to the real thing. Don't let that stop you from PTing on other days and times though. At this point focus more on drilling particular question types than taking full practice tests. I wouldn't even worry about full length practice tests until late October at the earliest.

+1 to having some drinks the day before though.

kekepania

Postby kekepania » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:06 pm

morris248 wrote:

You are kidding, right.

Oops. I see how that could be unclear. Sorry.
Beer & relaxing 3 days before? I was just planning on relaxing the day before (probably shouldn't do beer the day before though).

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:12 pm

morris248 wrote:

You are kidding, right.

I think OP is asking whether to take practice exams on Saturday mornings since the administration will be on a Saturday. The answer is an absolute "Yes!". Test from 9:00-1:00 on Saturdays. Take four sections to statrt, and in October begin practicing with experimental sections.

Check out Pithypike's guide to LSAT practice:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41657

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Speaking of PT's, I want to Improve my LR practice, would anyone recommend me buying the LR's from 1-6(and 8), or are they too old to help?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”